The Torrential Divine Beast Vah Ruta

After defeating the Lynel on Polymus Mountain, the group of heroes took a side trip to collect the other two pieces of Zora Gear for Link to maneuver better in the water. They found the Zora Helm in a sunken Chest at Toto Lake, and received the Zora Greaves from the secretary Laflat in exchange for a picture of the Lynel (which Link was able to take before they engaged the creature).

And so at last, it was finally time to meet Sidon at the East Reservoir Lake, which they did.

It was there that they finally laid their eyes on their first divine beast, Vah Ruta. It was a massive Elephant machine made out of what looked to be stone, red lights illuminating all over its body to signify its ownership to Calamity Ganon, and as Dorephan explained, it was spraying water into the sky via its trunk raised into the air.

"Ah, glad to see you've made it, my friends!" Sidon said, happy to see them still alive and punctuating it with his smile. "Are you all prepared with the Zora armor and enough shock arrows?"

"You bet." Raimundo nodded.

"Wonderful! You never cease to amaze!" Sidon exclaimed. "Now, let us go and appease that Divine Beast as one!"

"Alright, how are we gonna do this?" Chase asked as Sidon dove into the water.

"Gaze upon the divine beasts back," Sidon said as they saw four glowing orbs on it. "Do you see those orbs? You will have to hit them with Shock Arrows to cut off the flow of water. With the Zora Armor, Link can ascend waterfalls, so I shall lead him to the sides of the beast to get him there. Meanwhile, the five of you shall distract the divine beast, and lead its attacks away from us. I know we all can do our parts, I believe in you!"

"Uh...yeah, there's one small problem with that." Ace spoke up. "Devil fruit users have a pretty glaring weakness.... See, those who have eaten those fruits can't exactly swim."

"You cant?" Katara asked.

"Nope." Ace answered.

"Well, then why didn't you say anything earlier?!" Raimundo asked in irritation.

"I didn't think it'd be a big issue, but seeing as how this thing's whole motif is water, I'm at a big disadvantage." Ace said.

"It's no problem at all, my friend. I do not bear ill thoughts towards your weakness," Sidon said. "I still believe we can do this."

"Your sense of positivity is pretty impressive," Chase said. "Alright, so how are we supposed to distract the thing if Ace can't swim?"

"I have an idea. Luck can fly using his equipment magic, so he can distract Ruta. Once it'sdisabled, I can make an ice bridge to get us and Ace over to the beast safely." Katara said.

"You can do that?" Chase asked.

"Of course I can. Skilled Waterbenders can turn water into ice, and before I came here, I got plenty of training." Katara nodded.

"Well then, guess we got our game plan, let's roll!" Raimundo said.

"Indeed! Link, hop on my back! Are you ready?" Sidon asked.

"Yes, I'm ready." Link answered.

"Good answer! Let's go!" Sidon said as Link got on the Zora prince's back as they both sped off to the beast. "Ha! I am unstoppable in the water!"

As soon as Link and Sidon got close, Ruta sensed their presence and let out a mighty trumpet.

"Okay, it spotted them!" Raimundo said. "You're up Luck, take the heat off em'!"

"Don't you mean, 'cold'?" Luck joked as he donned his Thunder God armaments and took off laughing.

"That's not funny!" Raimundo called out to him.