06 | moonlight

harlees perspective  | unedited 

Harrys grip on my arm held strong as he led me out of the party and to the side of the house where nobody could really see us. I was getting really stressed because um when a random dude takes you out of sight to the public especially when you don't know him, it usually doesn't end well. We stopped and my heart started pumping fast enough that Usain Bolts timbers were shaking violenty. "love, chill out, I am taking you for air because what happened back there was intense and I could tell you were overwhelmed" he spoke as he looked into my eyes sympathetically. I think my heart just melted. I tried to hide the fact I just heard the cutest thing in the word and said, "um thanks I guess, yea it was pretty intense, what a bitch", I held back a laugh when I admitted that out loud. He looked like he had zoned out, he was looking me up and down but not in a creepy way, more like he was checking me out. He quickly looked up and said, "yea she is kinda an ass, has she confronted you about me or Oliver being hers"  he questioned. I guess she has done this before, I felt safe so I told him, "yea on my first day she told me that Harry was hers and that I cant go after him", I admitted. He didn't even look suprised, just worried, "damn I am getting way to close to beating her ass, I'm sorry you are getting dragged into this", he said looking at my face, as if trying to read me. 

"I love the dress you are wearing tonight, seriously you are fine as fuck", he changed the subject. I was a little suprised at the sudden change but I went with it, "thanks, I wasn't super sure what to wear but I'm glad you like it". It was odd to be receiving a compliement, I don't get alot of those.  The entire time I said that he was staring at my lips. 

Then his stares were interupted by Annie walking towards us, "you little fucking bitch, first you fucking flirt and try to take my man then you try and fuck his older brother, how fucking slutty are you, you pathetic whore", suddenly I felt any happiness that I had leave my body. Then I realised, I was having flash backs 

"you pathetic little girl, nobody here wants you and nobody else wants you, your parents didn't want you, all the foster parents that you have been sent to have been given money and they still didn't fucking want you", he screamed as the leather belt came down on my red and raw skin. "don't you fucking cry you fucking slut, how many more beatings will it take for you to fucking learn your lesson, you are supposed to be fucking seen not heard, you're pathetic", I felt worthless but yet I had become numb to the pain of the harsh belt coming down on me. So much for a sweet 16. 

I began to panic, his voice, his hits, the harsh feeling of the belt, it all started coming back to me. I began to colapse but I fell into a strong chest. I didn't know whos  but all I knew was that I hoped to stay in them for an eternity. I heard the sound of Harrys voice in the distance, I think he was telling off Annie. His voice was replaying in my head and I couldn't stop crying, I was shaking and I couldn't believe I was so weak I was doing this in public but my stream of warm tears seemed to have no end. I felt a hand go under my chin and my chin was lifted to see Oliver's face looking down at me, he used his free hand to wipe the tears that were cascading down my face. He spoke in a soft whisper as he said, "look at me love, deep breaths, follow my pattern, in for four, one... two... three... four..., hold for four, one... two.. three... four..., and our for four, one... two... three... four..., good job love now keep doing that". I felt calmer after a few rounds of that breathing and his rubbing slow circles on my back. "I am so sorry that happened to you love, I have a feeling that there was another reason why you cried but don't feel pressured to tell me now, we can sit down here till you are all calm and then I will drive you back, Harry went off on Annie and her friends and then left", suddenly I felt bad because I probably ruined Harry and Annies relationship or friendship by being so bloody weak. 

After another 5 minutes of Oliver calming me down, we walked to his car and he drove me back. "I have a dorm near yours so I'll walk you to your dorm", that's when it hit me, Annie was going to be back in that fucking dorm, I was freaking out. "Oli, is there a way I can move dorms and like be in another one?", he looked at me confused and said, "yea probably, but why would you, who are you rooming with?", he questioned, "Annie" I answered. We had arrived at my dorm. "yea hell no, you are not going in that dorm, come sleep in mine", I was very confused, usually boys don't invite me to their places or even acknowledge my presence, let alone invite me to sleep in their dorm. I was beginning to think this was all a weird ass dream. He sighed, "she will literally stab you in your sleep, she is that crazy, you have no choice, you are sleeping in mine", and with that he picked me up ad threw me over his shoulders. I was way to tired to fight back so I just let it happen.