CHAPTER TWELVE

It's never quiet in Harlem - Peter discovered this simple truth for himself on the third day of living in the Wilsons' apartment.  A whole week has passed since the Tarantula wounded him, and Wade and Matt did not allow Spider to go to patrols, citing a serious head injury.  And there was absolutely nothing to occupy yourself with something in a small two-room apartment, which looked more like a drug addicts' shelter - Vanessa, who came late at night, slept almost until lunchtime, and Deadpool did not appear during this time even once, taking upon himself the responsibility to patrol not only his zone  responsibility, but also the territory of the Spider.  Matt helped the man in any way, taking over several adjacent areas at the junction with his territory, but that was not the case - both defenders of the city were tired, but stubbornly did not allow Spider to patrol.

Connors, who arrived at the patient, was a lot surprised - according to all forecasts, as well as thanks to the information obtained from Deadpool, it turned out that Spider-Man should have been paralyzed, and now it was necessary to save his life, but the young man, whose face was hidden by a mask, just slept  in a lethargic dream.
“It's just incredible,” Kurt said quietly, looking at his patient.  Of course, it was difficult without a tomograph, but the man served in Iraq, where such equipment was not always at hand.  As a result, by indirect signs, it could be said that the guy had a concussion not a few hours ago, but more than two weeks, a broken rib that pierced a lung fell into place on its own, and the blood from his lungs was leaving.

" I just can't imagine how he managed to achieve such results, but this guy is almost impossible to kill!  The main thing for him is to lie down for a week or two and he will be able, as before, to help people."
“Thanks,” Wade said calmly, watching the man gather his things.  Despite the fact that the man was an experienced mercenary, strong and dangerous, and also did not suffer from a lack of observation, he still did not notice how Connors took several milliliters of the guy's blood, hiding them among the cotton swabs that were scattered around the apartment.   "How much do I pay, doc?"

“Explaining to my wife why you took me at night,” Connors said with a chuckle.  “I’m not taking the money, so you’ll take me home and tell Martha everything.”  "And try to do it so that my wife doesn't kill you. Okay?"
“You're asking for the impossible.” Laughing, Wade slapped the man on the shoulder.  "Okay, let's go to you.  Will you take care of the little one?"

"I might not have asked" from a darkened corner of the room appeared Vanessa, who looked like Lizard Connors.  Swallowing, the man stared at his biggest nightmare, trying to piece the world together.  "I advise you not to be afraid of him, but to subjugate him.  The lizard has extraordinary intelligence, but he does not have the willpower that you have, professor.  Think about it at your leisure."

“Okay,” Connors whispered softly, licking his dry lips as he followed Deadpool's footsteps without taking his eyes off the figure.  As soon as the man blinked, the figure changed - instead of the Lizard, there was a beautiful girl, dressed in a revealing outfit of a stripper and gently stroking the Spider's hair.  She said something, but the man's ears did not pick up the whisper, amid the screams of Harlem.

Waking up earlier than usual, the guy got up from the sofa that replaced his bed and proceeded to the kitchen - the smallest room in this apartment.  Small, in this room there was only a stove, a refrigerator and a small cabinet on which one could start preparing a dish.  There was not even a sink in this room; I had to go to the bathroom all the time, which was terribly inconvenient.  Opening the refrigerator and yawning, the guy pulled out yesterday's chicken, a bowl of salad and a couple of cakes, went to his sofa in order to have breakfast.  Today he intended to go to the Connors, Martha, in an ultimatum, announced that the guy should appear in front of her eyes so that she could inspect the state of the young man's body.  This was not surprising, yet it was not the most sensible thing to ignore the invitations Mrs.  goose bumps walk down Peter's spine.