Chapter 24 | "Hero" Costume

"Well I'm just calling it a costume because I still don't want to be a hero. Wanna see it?"

"Tch, whatever." Bakugo rolls his eyes as I hold up the note pad.

"I-..."
***
Y/N's POV

"I- Tch, I guess it's not the ugliest costume I have seen." Bakugo crosses his arms, head looking the other way annoyed. A small smile appears on my face as I tilt the sketch pad towards Todoroki so he has a better view.

 A small smile appears on my face as I tilt the sketch pad towards Todoroki so he has a better view

[I tried. I saw different costumes that I liked so I put them all together and made this. If you want to change the colours or you don't like it that's fine I don't really care. And hopefully y'all can read my writing ok 😅. If you don't like it or want a different design lmk, I made this back in like 2020]

"I liked Bakugos combat boots, so I hope you don't mind that I kinda borrowed that idea." Bakugo just lets off another "Tch" with an eye roll.

"It doesn't look like there is much in the way of support items." Todoroki points out.

"Well my quirk pretty much allows me to get anything I want, but I have a couple of support items, like, my fingerless gloves have small metal spikes on the knuckles and the hole in the middle of the glove allows my hands to not over heat as well as, it can project a screen on my skin so I can use it like a phone/tablet/computer. I'll have it on both hands so I can use one as a keyboard and the other as the proper screen and Vice versa." Todoroki nods in understanding and Bakugo just glances over every once in a while.

"The belts along the waist can be taken off to be used like restraints. The goggles have 2 settings, one helps me see in the dark and the second can detect heat signatures. My corset will be metal plated as armour, I will also have a simple first aid kit attached to my leg with maybe a small pocket knife sitting behind it in case I loose my quirk or something." I shrug unsure if Aizawa-Sense would let me have the small weapon.

"And off course my black combat boots with the toe that, hopefully, will be a golden kinda colour. I borrowed the style idea from Bakugo but I liked Deku's reinforced shoe idea too, so I put both together. As you can tell I went with a whole bad ass steam punk theme. Thoughts?" I Finish explaining. [I know the boots aren't exactly the same but we just gonna roll with it.]

"I'm sure Hatsume will be up for the challenge of the fingerless gloves." Shoto points at the design. "I think it looks good, let's just hope you can fight in the metal corset."

"What's the point in designing a costume you can't fight in? Idiot." Boom boom boi joins.

"What ever, I'm not gonna let you ruin this for me, I'm gonna go hand it in to Hatsume so we can discuss everything." I sluggishly wave the boys off as I walk into the school to find the tech class.

✨Time Skip brought to you by supercalifragilisticexpialidocious✨

I had pitched my costume design to Hatsume to which she gladly expected to make for me. She suggested a couple other ideas like a voice activator in the gloves and ear buds to listen and talk through. I was appreciative that she was still willing to make this costume for me despite me being a villain.

[this is for the Office fans;
No one:
Absolutely no one:
Andy in every conversation: "I went to Cornell"

No one:
Absolutely no on:
Y/n Hatori in every conversation: "I'm a villain"🤣]

On my small journey back to the dorms I thought about how Canadian flag boy and blonde were having to train together and weren't allowed to do rescue training with the rest of the class. It made sense why I couldn't, but why those two specifically couldn't?

My Tain of thought was cut off as I walked through the dormitory front door and was greeted with an over enthusiastic pink alien. "Heya girly, tonight it's my turn to make dinner and I was wondering if you would like to accompany me and help make everyone dinner?" She asks with her hands behind her back with a small sway of her body.

"Uh, sure, what are we making?"

"I was thinking either rice or dumplings." Mina suggests.

"How about rice? I'm not much of a chef since being in the league there was only so much we could buy..."

"Did you want me to teach you how to make dumplings? We can still make up some rice as a side for anyone who might want that instead." She closed eye smiles at me as she places her hand in mine and drags me across the common room and into the kitchen.

The pink haired girl opens the bottom draw pulling out 2 aprons, one that has a baby blue and white plaid with frills aligning it and the front pocket while the other one was just plain black. 'Hmm must be one for the guys and one for the girls.' "Here, you take the black one and I'll take the girly one. Black seems to fit your persona more, no offence." Mina hands me the black apron.

"None taken, I secretly wanted the black on anyway." She snickers at my comment yet I don't see any humour in what I said but I just shrug it off.

"Ok, now, you wash the rice until the water is clear." I nod to her as I start scooping white rice into a measuring cup and tipping it into a sieve. "Hey Mina?" She hums.

"How much rice should I do?"

"Hmmm there is 21 of us so do about 10 cups."

"Ok." I pour in 7 more cups of rice and proceed to wash it before placing it into a rice cooker. Mina continues to tell me what to do and how to do it, like cutting up the onion finely or chopping the carrots and potatoes into small chunks before boiling them ready to be put into the filling of the dumplings. [I have no clue how to make dumplings, and I'm sure you can put what ever in it.]

Mina fries some chicken and pork to make different kinds of dumplings as well as a nice sauce to drizzle on top of them. She makes a broth with other veggies she got me to chop up and gets me to check on the rice every once in a while or to help her stir one of the pots. We had small talk in between her giving me instructions, in the end I actually enjoyed my time with this hero in training. It was nice being able to get to know another girl my age that didn't want to go on a stabbing spree 24/7. Well, most of the girls in the school want to go stabby stabby but only when Mineta is around, but that's a given and very understandable.

And arm wraps around my neck and my whole body stiffens. "Mmmmm something smells delicious~" Kaminari slightly leans on me while I'm stirring the broth and I relax knowing it's just him. "Yeh, Mina is teaching me how to make dumplings."

"Oh, I wasn't talking about that, but the food smells good too." He smirks at me while I roll my eyes at his attempt to flirt. "Well dinner is almost ready, go clean up and gather the others so we can eat." Mina shoos the yellow head off my shoulder and out the kitchen. We serve up the food onto the plates and pass them to Tokoyami who offered to help lay the plates out. Everyone takes their seat looking at the delicious meal in front of them ready to eat.

___________

:P

Hey babes. I don't think I have anything to say, so,
Now...

ONTO THE NEXT CHAPTER...

Word count just in case y'all actually care 1360