The Girl and Her Mother

I made the decision of not taking my motorcycle anywhere and just walked down the sidewalk. I didn't really pay attention to where I was going and ended up in a park. "..." I sat on the swings and stared at the ground, tears falling down my face. "Why did she say something like that?" I cried as I thought back to Amaya saying Baji dying in order to protect his friends and Toman was ridiculous.

A block or two from the park where I was at, Mitsuya had just came back from the grocery store. "Mom's going to be coming home late tonight" he thought as he looked down at the bags he had. He just recently brought some snacks for Luna and Mana, while also buying indigents for what he had plan on cooking tonight. "I'll just take a shortcut through the park like usual" he said to himself as he made a left turn. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see someone sitting on the swings with their head down.

Mitsuya debated if he should check on the person or not. "That could be a complete random stranger" he thought. He took a deep sigh and walked over to the person. "Excuse me, but are you alright?" The person shook their head and looked up at him, tears still in their eyes. "(Y/n)?"

Realizing who's voice it was that was talking to me, I quickly wiped my eyes. "Oh, hey there, Takashi." I sniffled a bit.

"Why are you out here?"

"I just felt like visiting the park, that's all" I lied.

Mitsuya could tell I was lying and reached his hand out to me. "Grab my hand."

"Why?"

"Just do it." I grabbed his hand and he helped me stand up. "Come on." He held on my hand and made sure I didn't let go as he started to lead me out of the park.

"Where are you taking me?"

"My place."

Mitsuya and I arrived at his home. Once there, he let go of my hand. "Luna! Mana! I'm home!" Mitsuya exclaimed as two small girls walked into the living room.

"Welcome home, Big brother!" Mana greeted him and noticed I was standing behind him. "Luna, big brother brought a girl over" Mana whispered to her sister.

"Is she your girlfriend, Big brother?" Luna asked.

Mitsuya and I both felt heat rise to our faces. "No, she's a really good friend of mine" Mitsuya told them and walked over to the kitchen, sitting the groceries down. "Feel free to make yourself at home, (Y/n)." I nodded my head and sat down on the floor next to a table. Mitsuya's little sister sat down next to me, staring at me intensely.

"Um?" I looked at the girls.

"You're really pretty but you're hair kind of reminds me of boy" said the girl with the pigtails.

"Luna, that's not nice to say to our guest" Mitsuya scolded her.

"I'm sorry" she apologized.

"No, it's okay" I gave her smile. "My hair usually is styled like boy's hair to begin with."

"Really?" she asked.

"Yeah."

I couldn't help but noticed the younger sister hadn't really spoken much, so I turned to face her. "Your name is Mana, right?" She nodded her head. "It's a really pretty name." The girl smiled at me.

"My name is pretty too!" Luna exclaimed and I laughed.

"Yes, you're name is really pretty as well."

Mitsuya watched me play and talk to his younger sisters. "She seems better than she was earlier" he thought as he put on an apron. "Have you eaten yet, (Y/n)?"