The Girl and Tenjiku part 5

"No...this can't be real..." I slowly walked closer to her body and fell to my knees, crying. "Why?! Why the hell did this have to happen?!" I screamed. The tears were just falling at this point and I stayed in that one spot. "Emma...you and I were going to be sisters, right?" I asked her, knowing she wouldn't answer me back. "Y...you were the only friend I never had the fear I would lose one day because I hid my gender."

I still sat there on the floor. I knew I would have to get up and leave the room sooner or later. "Why did this happen?" I asked as was now sitting where I had previously saw Mikey sit when I first arrived here at the hospital. I had my feet on the chair and brought my knees close to my chest, burring my face in my arms that were resting on my knees. "Emma..." I sniffled.

I was too caught up crying over Emma's death to even notice that Hina had showed up. I was in my own little world just like I was when Baji died. "Life's not fair, is it?" I asked myself and just sat there in that same pose for a while.

While I was sitting there, Takemichi was talking to Hina around a nearby corner. I could somewhat hear what he was talking about but I chose to block out most of it. I wasn't really interested in what anybody had to say about anything at the moment.

"(Y/n)." Someone was trying to get my attention. "(M/n)-chi." I looked up slightly to see Takemichi looking at me. "You know the fight with Tenjiku is about to happen right?" I didn't say anything and just stared at him. "We could really use your help."

"...go away" I told him.

"But..."

"Just leave me alone, okay?" I went back to burring my face in my arms.

Takemichi stood there for a few more seconds and left. He knew he was the only one who was able to do something about this.

~~~

I lost track of time at this point and finally decided to move around a bit because my legs had fell asleep. "I guess I should just go home." I slowly walked down the hallway when I felt someone tug on the back of my uniform. "Let me go." I didn't know who it was, nor did I care.

"(Y/n)." The voice that was behind me was Hina's voice.

"Hina?" I turned around to face her. I started crying again and couldn't help but her hug. "Hina..."

"I know." She hugged me back and felt like crying again herself. "Can you come with me?"

"Where to?"

Hina didn't tell me where we were going and just made me follow her. The two of us soon arrived in the main waiting room. There I could see Draken standing next to a wall while Mikey was sitting in a chair with his head down. A part of me wanted to comfort him but another part of me just wanted to yell at him like I did with Baji's death.

"Can I talk to you for a little while?" Hina asked Mikey. He didn't say anything. "Takemichi...I think he tried to save Emma-chan."

"Hey!" Draken exclaimed. "You shouldn't be saying stuff like that at times like these! Are you out of your mind?!" Draken raising his voice startled Hina. "Why is everyone being weird? First Takemitchy and now even you...what the hell is wrong with today?" No one spoke a word as Draken kept talking. "Damn...just leave us alone..."

Hina continued from where she left off at before Draken cut her off. "It's not just Emma-chan. Takemichi is trying to save a lot of people at the same time." I was shocked to hear this.

"What are you even talking ab..." Draken started.

"I will die. In 12 years, I will die." Hina started forming tears in her eyes. "To stop that from happening, Takemichi came from the future."