Chp.10

Akaashi stood beside Enji  watching as people came out of the hall of paintings fiddling with his fingers . He felt so vulnerable.

Tamaki worked the room talking to people and receiving bids for paintings as she chatted them up .

She glanced around looking for Bokuto he was sure to be here . She finally landed on him talking frantically before rushing off somewhere

When is he gonna greet me ?

//////

Bokuto searched the venue , finally finding Akaashi, Enji by his side .

He froze . This was wrong this was so wrong . They weren't in college . This wasn't a movie . They had partners. People they made promises to .

His heartbeat faster and faster . He couldn't breathe. He had to get air . He scrambled to a nearby door to the outside. Hoping no one noticed  his abrupt leave .

//////

Enji and Akaashi sat in a comfortable silence .

"Do you want to get married one day?"

Enji turned his head amused

"That's a dramatic question"

"This is a dramatic event ." Akaashi was definitely not going to drop this .

"Touche. No . I don't want to get married ."

Akaashi slowly nodded and brushed his jacket off , standing up straight

" I do ."

"Oh. I see." Enji turned his eyes downward

"I mean its fine , I'm sure I could find someone who would want to marry me ." 

Enji felt a twinge of pain . Of course someone would marry Akaashi . He had seen the paintings . He had read the Journals . He saw the photos from college . He knew exactly who would marry Akaashi, it wasn't him . He didn't want to get married. He was fine if living together was the furthest they took things . He cared deeply for Akaashi , definitely loved him. But love was strange to him and he didn't see why marriage and kids were necessary he felt they ruined everything . He didn't want them at all .

"Look I'm not trying to force you to make a decision right now , but I just wanted to hear you say it . I needed to hear you say it ." Akaashi tapped Enji's had gently . "I'm not upset at you , I appreciate your honesty, I'm gonna work the room though ok , we can talk more later if you want ."

Enji stood there frozen he glanced up only to see Bokuto dazed but panicked running out . And like any good person . He followed just to make sure he was okay .

///////////////

Tamaki walked slowly she could feel the emotions poured into each painting.. she resonated with them .. she would hate to lose the gold in her life too , Bokuto that is . He was everything. He was safe . He was caring . Everything she needed . Realistically she didn't want kids . She knew Bo did , he always mentioned it , she knew that that would make him happy . But he didn't seem very happy at all when she mentioned it and that worried her . She could feel him slipping away .. she didn't want to lose her safe place . She needed it . She needed him .

//////////////

Oikawa and Suki were coloring as Iwaizumi looked through the divorce papers . He was exhausted

"Alright , time for you to get dressed , the sitter should be here soon ."

"Oh Ms.Mira ! I cant wait to show her my room ."

"I'm sure she'll love it , but she'd definitely get a better loom if you cleaned it a bit ." Iwaizumi said stretching and getting up

"You're right I'll do that ."

Oikawa chuckled as she sprinted upstairs. He followed and veered to his own bedroom to get dressed .

Soon as he was ready , he heard a soft knock , followed by Iwaizumi nicely dressed with an undone tie .

"A little help ."

"Tsk. Iwa you should be able to to this better ." He teased while straightening out the tie

"I can do it , I just wanted you to."

Oikawa was never one to be flustered often but Iwaizumi had him feeling giddy constantly .

He brought him in for a kiss . He loved this he could do it forever he wanted to .

Ding Dong

"That must be Mira ."

They straightened themselves out and headed downstairs.

"Dinners in the fridge , Snacks are in the cabinet with the pink stickers , call us if you need anything alright ? "

"Of course ! Y'all have a great night!"

--------------------------------------------------------------

699 words ughhhh guys I could have done alot better for a comeback chapter , I have ideas but its hard to put them together lol , feel free to drop any ideas you would like to see !

-C