5

felix let out a groan at the impact he felt on the lower region of his back.

"new kid.. interesting?" hyunjin drawled, taking slow steps around the boy.

the lockers behind felix were stealthy and rigid, causing pain to soar through his body.

you know, being thrown against a locker isn't fun.

in front of him was hwang hyunjin - the one person who he was supposed to avoid.

well, he failed.

felix stared at hyunjin, keeping his facial expressions at a minimum to avoid evoking more out of the latter.

how exactly did felix get into this situation?

it was simple, really - hyunjin was skipping while felix had excused himself from class to use the bathroom.

oh how he wished he never went to the water fountain afterwards.

"what's your name?" hyunjin queried, fishing out a pen from his breast pocket and ran it under the younger's chin, tilting his head upwards.

"felix.." felix responded shortly after, holding eye contact with the prince.

humming, hyunjin stared into his eyes before a smug smirk tugged at the corners of his plush lips.

"well felix, i don't mean to be cliche but i must make myself known to everyone in this school.. do you know who i am?" hyunjin raised an eyebrow, watching felix gulp slowly.

"hwang hyunjin" felix replied.

"mhm.. seems like people have been telling you about me" hyunjin nodded, stepping back from the boy to observe him.

felix almost released an agitated sigh but composed himself.

"i don't want to get into your bad books but.. can i return to class?" felix asked, watching hyunjin's pupils dialate.

no one ever dared to ask such a thing when talking to hyunjin.

as fucked up as it was, the hierarchy in the school played a huge role in how students interacted with one another.

but there was the one key rule: NEVER disrespect hwang hyunjin.

"that's rich coming from you" hyunjin scoffed.

"bold of you to assume i have stacks of cash, come on man.. we're in high school"

hyunjin gaped at felix, thrown off by his chill exterior.

poking his tongue against his cheek, hyunjin nodded.

"i'll let you go then.. but just a word of warning - you might wanna look over your shoulder every so often because i'm not letting you go without blood on your uniform" hyunjin cackled.

should i feel threatened?

felix was at a loss for words.

he didn't want to overthink hyunjin's words but he also didn't want to undermine them.

the new student didn't know what hyunjin was capable of so perhaps he will take his words into consideration.

"alright, will do but just so you know, don't think this is my first time getting beaten up" felix grinned, voice riddled with dark undertones.

hyunjin's demeanour faltered at felix's reply as the latter began walking away.

felix winced slightly - guess being pushed into the locker was just a taste of what else hyunjin has in store.

the aussie shivered - he was worried, he couldn't lie.

as felix sauntered back to class, hyunjin watched his retreating figure, bewildered at felix's last words.