9

"i hope to never see you here again but i know that won't be true"

a chuckle passed chan's smirking lips as he bowed to mr song - the principal.

"it will be my pleasure to stop by again, sir" chan replied politely.

chan wouldn't be your classic troublemaker without making his regular visits to the principal's office.

with each visit comes an increased amount of disappointment on mr song's end.

at this point, mr song could instantly recognise chan by the way his footsteps padded towards his door.

for your information, they had a slight bounce to it because chan visiting the principal's office was the equivalent of a jolly stroll.

nothing could make chan cower.

"go have your break.." mr song drawled as chan jumped to his feet, a look of content present on his face.

"goodbye, sir!" chan chirped, swiftly turning the door handle and exiting the principal's office.

just as chan was about to continue making his dandy way to the canteen, he noticed a very familiar figure leaned against the wall.

there stood felix, biting his nails with anticipation as he awaited for chan to finish up with the principal.

"oh lixie! whatchu' doing here, darling?" chan asked sweetly, approaching the brunette.

felix looked up, relief flashing through his eyes as they twinkled upon seeing chan.

"was everything alright? changbin told me that mr song called you in during break" felix fretted, concern laced in his tone.

knowing that his heart wouldn't be able to contain itself in front of chan, felix decided to give in.

and so, he decided to take the boyfriend role more seriously.

chan cooed, hands immediately flying to pinch felix's cheeks as he giggled melodically.

"mhm, only an after school detention - i took the fall" chan replied nonchalantly, talking casually as if it was an everyday occurrence.

to chan, it pretty much was.

"you didn't have to.. i skipped as well" felix replied, feeling the guilt swallow him alive.

"hey, it was me who stole you, it's right for me to take the blame" chan lectured gently, tilting his head with big eyes.

if this was his way of coming to an agreement then it definitely worked.

because chan just looked far too endearing.

"okay.." felix replied defeatedly which was all it took for chan to smile widely.

"now that's settled - wanna go eat?" chan offered, his hand sliding down to felix's.

it was only yesterday when chan did that for the first time and it yet again awoke the butterflies in felix's stomach.

the boy was so easily flustered and chan loved seeing the way his cheeks tinted pink at any simple gesture - it was cute.

"let's go then" chan spoke, his grip tightened on felix's hand as they began their journey to the canteen.