Chapter 12.

Mike groaned when he woke up with a pounding in his head. It was far too bright. Shielding his eyes, Mike slowly took in his surroundings. He wasn't at home, that much was certain, but he didn't recognize where he was. He sat up from the couch he was laying on and took in more information. It didn't take long to make the room out to be a hotel room. He looked over to the bed only a few feet away; all he could see was a messy tuft of brown hair sticking out from the top of the blanket. Mike closed his eyes and tried to remember the day before. Then everything came back to him and he slapped his forehead.

Whispering to himself, he said, "This must be Mr. Collins' room." He jumped when he immediately heard a response.

"Yes, yes it is my fine lawyery friend." He sent Mike a big smile as Mike turned to see his head now peeking out from the bottom of the blanket. Mike couldn't help but think this man was strange, but also that he quite liked it. He was pulled out of his thoughts as said man asked, "Shall we get some breakfast? It may be Saturday, but that is no excuse for lazy bums." Mike smiled and nodded. Breakfast actually sounded great. Something greasy to steam the tides of the hangover he was now nursing.

Both men got dressed and ready for the day, and headed to the main floor for some hotel food. Mike actually found he loved hotel food. It reminded him of his Grammy. It still tasted homemade but you got it served to you. Mike smiled down at his plate full of eggs, hash browns, bacon and toast. It looked delouses and with the first bite he was proven right. Mike closed his eyes and enjoyed his food for a moment.

When Mike rejoined reality and opened his eyes it was to Mr. Collins grinning at him. Laughing, he asked Mike, "Enjoying your food? It looks like you are".

Mike blushed slightly, "Sorry. I just haven't had a breakfast this good in a long time; any food this good really."

Mr. Collins smiled with a mischievous look in his eye and help up a finger while he fiddled with the food on his plate. When he had made some sort of sandwich thing he held it up toward Mike. "Try this! It's Amazing!" Mike looked at the sandwich sceptically; it looked like breakfast mush on bread. He looked up at Mr. Collins and decided to trust the man. Supporting the sandwich with one of his own hands, while Mr. Collins was still holding it, he took a bite. He felt his eyes slip closed again and was pretty sure he made an inappropriate sound for the breakfast table. It was the best thing he had ever eaten. He opened his eyes and looked at Mr. Collins. Mr. Collins simply smirked, taking his sandwich back, and said, "See! Amazing!"

"I don't think any other food will be good enough ever again!" Mike was looking at Mr. Collins with awe and wonderment. Mr. Collins let his smirk melt into a soft smile as he silently picked up a piece of bacon that had fallen from the sandwich and held it out to Mike. Mike, who's hands were busy doing what he had seen Mr. Collins do to make his sandwich, took the bacon with his teeth and smiled a thank you. However, after one bite of his sandwich he knew something was missing, and looked up at Mr. Collins like he had just kicked his puppy. "It doesn't taste the same." Mike frowned.

Laughing softly, Mr. Collins held up a jar of jam. "You forgot the jam Mike. It is the most important ingredient silly!" He handed Mike the jam and a few seconds later Mike was happily munching on his breakfast sandwich.

It wasn't until they were getting up from the table that Mike noticed a man sitting a few tables away taking pictures. One look over at Mr. Collins, and the slight frown on his face, told Mike he had seen the guy too. Mike decided to ignore it, and hope nothing bad would come of it. Trying to distract Mr. Collins, Mike asked loudly, "So, have you seen all the tourist attractions yet?"

Mr. Collins looked at him, his happiness seeming rejuvenated as he exclaimed, "I was going to go and see the statue of liberty today! And make my way over to Coney Island! Also go down Fifth Street! And go to time square! And go to Rockefeller Center and Plaza!" He hadn't taken a breath so Mike put a hand on his shoulder, trying to calm him down.