Chapter 17.

Mike left work after lunch feeling a little better. Something about his new actor friend just always brought him a little happiness he had been lacking for most of his life. As he fell asleep that night, at a reasonable hour, he felt a small smile creeping on his face as he thought about the family he would have one day. The family he would do anything to get. His dreams where filled with images of him and his kid's, and a faceless person beside him, who he somehow knew was his soul mate. He spent some of the dream trying to find out who the person was, but when he woke up to the sound of his alarm he had yet to succeed.

After a quick shower and breakfast Mike was headed out the door. He stopped at a mirror to check his appearance, and even though it caused him pain, smiled down at the blue tie around his neck. Even though it made him unhappy, it made his feel better at the same time. He didn't know why, he just knew it did. He flattened to tie one last time before going on his way to work.

As he strode into Louis' office, Mike felt better than he had in a while, and Louis took notice the second he looked up from the file in front of him. With a big smile the partner handed Mike a large pile a files, and said nothing else. Although Mike seemed better, he didn't want to push the kid to hard, so Louis figured Mike would do what he could, as fast as he could, and he would be happy with whatever that was. He was just relieved to see a genuine, even if small, smile on Mike's face again.

Mike understood what Louis was doing with not giving a time for the files to be done, and because of that he felt his spirits lifting a little more. Not only did Louis trust him, he also seemed to care; not that he hadn't been showing it already.

As Mike sat down at his desk he resolved to finish the files as fast as possible, so putting his ear buds in, and taking out his highlighter, he set to work. As Mike finished file after file he felt like he was back to his old self again or at least close to his old self. As he finished the last in the pile he looked at the clock, and with a triumphant grin saw that it was only noon. He picked up the files with excitement and headed to Louis's office. As he dropped the pile on the man's desk he couldn't keep the self-satisfied grin off his face, and it only grew when Louis looked up in surprise, but quickly smiled up at Mike. With a silent congratulation's he handed Mike another pile of files and with a wink said, "I won't these done by tomorrow morning."

Getting back some of his old Mike flair; he saluted Louis, saying, "Aye, aye captain!" before turning on his heels and heading out the door. Dropping the files on his desk Mike happily headed out for lunch as he took out his phone. When the person on the other side answered he wasted no time in saying, "You up for lunch again? I was thinking of a repeat of yesterday."

As Mike came out of the building he was greeted by Mr. Collins, and with a smile the man said, "Hi ya there Mikey. You ready for some people watchin?" Mike just smiled with a nod as they made their way to the hotdog cart. Something just told Mike that today was only going to get better.

Suits

Harvey couldn't sleep the night before, so he found himself pacing in his office too early for even Louis to be at work yet. He was too nervous as he repeatedly went over the plan Mr. Collins and Donna had helped him come up with the day before. A part of him was saying it would work, while the other, meaner part, told him it was hopeless to even try.

Harvey sat down on his couch as he tried to kill that mean part. He rested his head in his hands as he muttered, "This is going to work. It has to work. I have to get Mike back in my life." Like a mantra, he kept repeating this to himself until Donna arrived only a few minutes later. She had foreseen her boss's sleeplessness, and acted accordingly, although she still gave herself some time for her beauty rest.

She sat down next to Harvey, a hand on his back, as she assured him, "This is a good plan Harvey. If Mike doesn't understand how you feel after this then I'll come in early for the next year."

Harvey smiled at Donna trying to make him feel better, and sending her a thankful look said, "Deal." Harvey sat back and took a deep breath as he asked, "When is Mr. Collins going to call Mike?"

Donna raised an eyebrow at Harvey, knowing he had every little detail memorized, but humoured him as she answered, "He was planning to call shortly after noon." Harvey nodded and laid his head back. It was only seven in the morning, and five hours felt like five years.

After scolding from Donna, Harvey decided to try and get some work done, work that he was seriously behind on. After he got through a few things he found it was working as a good way to pass the time, so to Harvey's joy and dismay his cell was ringing before he knew it. He closed his eyes as he saw the caller ID and answered. "Mr. Collins. Are you going to call Mike soon?"

Harvey could hear the smile in the other man voice as he said, "No actually. Mike just called me and asked me to lunch. He is unknowingly helping the plan along. I'm already down stairs and he is on his way down now."

Harvey was having difficulty breathing as he asked, "She we put our end in motion then? Will you guys be in the same place still?" At Mr. Collins affirmative Harvey felt his lungs start to work again and was quickly hanging up as Mr. Collins said he saw Mike coming.

Without having to say anything Donna was in his office and helping him put his coat on while ushering him toward the door. Although she said nothing Harvey could feel her support as they road down in the elevator. Harvey felt like his heart was about to burst from the suspense of what was to follow, but strangely, in a good way.