Humiliation Beyond Nightmares

Rayne's worst nightmare had come to life. Actually, it would be more accurate to say that this goes beyond her nightmares. Being exposed as a bedwetter had been her biggest fear all these years. Messing a diaper in public and having that exposed to several people, including at least one who she was relatively close to, was beyond this by a mile.

And yet, here she was. In public, wearing a diaper, having messed herself, and having all of this exposed to everyone around, including someone she knew.

She couldn't help but weep. Jess was still staring at her after asking that humiliating question. And the visual spectacle of what was happening as well as Jess's loudish voice had drawn the attention of a few of the surrounding people.

She was sure it wasn't possible to get out of this situation with any dignity left. In a vain attempt to do so, she blurted out the first thing that came to her mind. "It w-wasn't my fault," she said. Which was the truth, of course, as this was clearly Elise's doing. But no one around had the context. And she knew that it just sounded like a pathetic excuse.

She heard a couple of giggles at her excuse. And though she was still looking the other way, she could tell that more people had joined to watch the spectacle. "Oh, have you come to see the baby?" Elise asked as more people showed up. "Please, feel free to gawk! In fact, if you want, take your phones out! Your friends will never believe it otherwise."

Rayne's eyes widened. She still couldn't see any of the people behind her but she knew that at least a few of them would have done exactly as Elise said. "Oh, that's such a good idea!" She heard someone's voice say through giggles. "I can barely believe it myself."

She heard someone else's. "Right? Look how she's dressed! With that outfit, who'd guess that she still shits her diapers?" Rayne's face had never been so red. She could feel her life crumbling around her, her only solace being that the back of her head was probably not the best identifying feature.

"Well why don't we get you some better shots then?" Elise asked. "Rayne, be a good girl and turn your head around. Just your head, so that the cameras can catch your beautiful face as well as your messy diaper."

Rayne tried to resist. She cried with frustration as her body failed to follow her commands, and she turned her head around to look directly at all the people and their phones. She then heard a slightly familiar voice come from the pharmacy she'd just left. She couldn't quite see the owners of the voice. "Hey, what's up with the crowd?"

"Oh, you have to see this," she heard someone else say. "We'll move over. Get to the front."

Rayne saw two girls make their way to the front of the small but somewhat dense and ever growing crowd. She didn't recognise either of them. "Wait, is that what I think it is?" despite not recognising their face, Rayne still felt like she'd heard this girl's voice.

"Oh my god, Ann, she's wearing a diaper!" the first girl's friend said in disbelief.

"And it's clearly not just for show," the first girl, presumably named Ann, said through giggles, before putting her hand over her nose and mouth. "Pee-yew. She stinks!"

"And look at that bump, so gross!" Her friend said through laughter. "Isn't that the girl who you thought was going to kill me for looking at makeup or something?"

"Well if I knew she was this pathetic, I wouldn't have worried so much," Ann said, laughing. Rayne realised that these were the girls she'd overheard in the pharmacy, who'd been too intimidated by her appearance to approach the shelves. "I thought she was dangerous, not a pathetic, helpless, stinky baby!"