Chapter 11: Preparations

Upon arriving at the hospital, Kyle was told both patients would need about a week to recover. So he decided to get stronger in order to recover his Sandshrew. Since the pokémon used by the thief was poison and electric type, and the next gym, Pine Town's, makes use of fire-types, the most optimal choice was a ground type pokémon, and thus he went back to Mt. Pina in his hunt.

Charlie, on the other hand, recovered after a good night's sleep, and was informed of the situation by the hotel receptionist. She then took a Corviknight taxi back to Penrith City to train in the Battle House.

Sofie was first to be in fit condition, and decided to wait for Brandon before making a move. 3 days later, he was well enough to talk and plan ahead, but had to stay in the hospital for observation.

"So, she still has the Sandshrew..." Brandon spoke first. 

"Yup, even in a 2v1 we couldn't beat her."

"I'd hardly call me arriving only after you were defeated a 2v1, that's just 2 battles in a row. And on that note, why in the world would you go alone knowing full well her Pokémon has about twice as many levels as yours?"

"I owe it to Kyle. He helped me a lot, only fair I should get his pokémon back."

"Don't get me wrong, I know that much. But, as the results clearly show, you're pathetic in comparison to her, going was pretty much suicide."

"You're right, I suppose. Well, I'm going to Ashbourne City, I should have a couple of allies who can help."

"Nope, the doctor told me the police will be coming by soon to speak to us about what happened."

"That just puts me in more of a hurry, or did you forget I was part of Team Razor?" She then left, leaving Brandon to wait.

A few hours later, Eddie arrived.

"Hey, kid. How're you feeling?"

"Like I was stabbed, struck, and poisoned just a week ago."

"I'd say that ought to teach you to behave, but problem children never come to our attention only a single time."

"We were fighting a criminal, how does that make us problematic?"

"That's our job. If everyone decided to fight crime, that'd just bring way too much profit to funerary services."

"If it's your job, you're damn incompetent at it. My friend was robbed, me attacked..."

"No, you weren't attacked, you and the other girl went looking for trouble. Speaking of, where is she?"

"She said she'd go to Penrith to investigate on her own." Brandon decided to lie and keep Sofie away from prying eyes.

"Of course she did... I'll send a search team after her, otherwise she'd be putting herself, you guys, and if, she angers those folks enough, even the public in danger. You feel free to do whatever you want, as long as it doesn't involve them. Kyle told me about the Sandshrew, so just wait until we find it." Eddie then left, while calling the Penrith police station.

After a few more days resting, Brandon decided to completely ignore the orders he received and called Kyle.

"Oh good, you're ok now. How's Sofie?"

"She left a few days ago for Ashbourne. What are you up to?"

"Caught and trained a Gligar. Now he's level 25, and I'm looking for a Razor Fang to evolve it. Apparently a few pokémon's teeth can be used to make one, like Rockruff, so I'm on the hunt for that."