Chapter 8: Razor Attack

After finally leaving Penrith City, the group arrives at the opening to Mt. Pina, where, according to Sofie, Team Razor had a mission ongoing.

But before that, Kyle spotted a Pokémon.

"Ooh, a Sandshrew. I'm gonna catch it."

"Suit yourself." 

While Kyle battled, the rest of the group went on inside. There, they found three grunts, seemingly mining. Upon noticing them, they quickly prepared to fight.

"Hey, what are you three idiots doing over there?" Sofie asked.

"None of your business, since you left."

"Well then, maybe some force'll bring the words out. Totodile, use Bite."

"Woobat, use Air Cutter."

"Dodge, and use Bubble."

"Wait, Bubble? Totodile isn't supposed to learn that move. Could this be that project of the boss's?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"If you beat me I'll explain."

"You asked for it." And she wasn't bluffing, since the battle ended soon after.

"Ok, now what do you mean about Totodile, and what are you doing here?"

"Our mission here was to find some weird stone. As for that Totodile, I heard the boss was genetically modifying some pokémon and gifting them to admins to test them."

"I see. Thanks. Now go to sleep." She said, knocking the man out. Looking around, she saw that the other 2 grunts had already been beaten by Charlie and Brandon.

"Now that we're done with this, isn't Kyle taking too long?" Charlie remembered.

"True, let's go check on him."

However, that wasn't necessary, as a Toxtricity holding a Pokéball ran past, and Kyle behind it.

"Kyle, what's wrong?"

"That guy stole my Sandshew!" 

"That's a Pokémon."

"Looks like a human, qualifies as 'guy'."

"Either way, let's chase it."

After running for a bit, the Toxtricity getting farther away as they went, it reached a dead end. As they surrounded it, Charlie brought out her Trapinch, which prevented escape with Arena Trap. However, the opponent started with Toxic, hitting Trapinch and Charlie.

"What?! It learns that move at level 32. This one must be high-levelled. Trapinch, use Mud Slap"

The Toxtricity, rather than dodging, took the attack head on and used Throat Chop, instantly knocking out Trapinch. Then it went back to running, and used Fire Punch on the roof.

"Get back here with my Sandshrew!"

"Kyle, no!" Sofie said, pulling him back, right before the roof fell where he was going.

"Damn it, we're stuck."

"Not really, I taught Trapinch Dig, so it can get us out, as soon as it recovers." She said the last few words looking at Brandon.

"Oh, right." He said, understanding what she meant. 

"Togepi, come and use Life Dew."

With that, they were quickly out of the cave, and en route to Skoro Town. However, Kyle was quiet the whole way.

"Kyle, you okay?" Sofie asked.

"What do you think?"

After that, all three decided to leave him be. Soon, they arrived at the town, and a hotel. There, they met Marla.

"Marla? What are you doing here?"

"This place is well known for its tranquility and quietness, so many people come for a vacation."

"I see." Brandon said.

After booking two rooms, the group decided to discuss Team Razor.

"Ok, so apparently they were mining. Sofie, do you know anything related?"

"Not really. What could possibly be useful about rocks?"

"There can be fossils hidden, not to mention useful items for Pokémon, especially rock types. And, of course, ancient things, possibly related to legendary Pokémon." Kyle said, reminding everyone he was smart.

"Wait, delve deeper into that last part."

"For example, the Red and Blue Orbs, related to Groudon and Kyogre. According to legend, Groudon and Kyogre were awakened from their slumber through the Orbs, so they fought. However, after being calmed down, they got rid of the Orbs by tossing them into the ocean and building rocks around them. So any mountain can potentially contain them. Similar legends surround the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs, for Dialga and Palkia, and the Dark and Light Stones, for Zekrom and Reshiram."

"So Team Razor could be seeking powerful tools. Sofie, any plans that would require such power?"

"Not really, I don't know any big goals. Because of my age, the boss treated me as a weaker and less trustworthy commander, so I wasn't informed of the big stuff."

"So we figured out their possible plan, but can't do anything with that knowledge. This sucks."

"Stop being so pessimistic, Bran, this might be useful in the future."'

"Though even if getting those Pokémon is their intention, there's one thing lacking: a way to find them. Archaeologists have been looking for them for years, to no success."

"So either we're overestimating their dreaming capability, or they're stupid."

"Pretty much."

After that discussion, Kyle left for the gym, while the others rested, worried about him. However, Charlie soon went to sleep, saying she felt sick.

"Hey, Sofie, I need to talk to you."

"What is it?"

"I feel like you're hiding something from us."

"Well, you're wrong. I don't know anything helpful."

"Very well then. Just don't forget, I don't trust you yet." He then went to sleep, and Sofie left. Soon, she came to a house, and entered.

"It was you who stole Sandshrew, right?"

"What if it was? You're not gonna do anything about it are you?" A masked lady appeared from the shadows.

"Wrong. Totodile, come out! Let's get Kyle his Pokémon back."