Chapter 7: Rematch

"Hey Bran, back from training?" Kyle asked.

"No, this is my spirit, my body is still over in the next route."

"Good to see that, even tired, you're cynical as ever."

"Brandon, you're back. Here's some food."

"Thanks, Charlie. I need to rest for tomorrow."

The following day, Brandon went straight to the gym, ready to battle.

"Welcome! Decided to try again?"

"Yeah, took some effort but I'm better prepared."

"Very well. Since you're the only challenger today, we'll have a 2v2. No items can be used, unless the Pokémon is holding it beforehand, and you can't switch your pokemon until it faints."

"Got it. Come out, Togepi."

"Salandit, come here."

"Togepi, Pound."

"Salandit, Smog." The attack was super effective, and poisoned Togepi.

"Togepi, Sweet Kiss."

"Salandit, Ember." The attack hit Togepi, and stopped her Sweet Kiss.

"Togepi, Life Dew."

"Salandit, Scratch." The attack knocked out Togepi, who didn't manage to get a single hit in.

"Sure you don't want to give up right now?"

"Nah, I expected this."

"Very well then."

"Abra, come on out. Marla, it's about time you see the result of our training!"

"Salandit, Smog."

"Abra, Teleport." The attack missed.

"Salandit, Ember."

"Abra, keep teleporting." At this point you could barely see Abra, so fast he was moving around the arena.

"Now use Psychic."

"Salandit, dodge." It tried, but not knowing the direction it came from made that harder. It fainted from the powerful attack.

"One hit, very nice. But the next one is much stronger. Come on out, Beedrill."

"Abra, Psychic."

"Beedrill, use Poison Sting." Its high speed managed to hit Abra before it released the energy, and it didn't manage to attack."

"Keep using Poison Sting." Abra was fighting what seemed like a machine gun, shooting poisonous bullets multiple times, until the poison penetrated him, poisoning.

"Abra, get out of that flurry with Teleport." Abra did so, but was already very weak.

"Abra, get behind Beedrill and use Psychic." 

"Beedrill, Venoshock." It hit and knocked down Abra.

"What?!"

"Yeah, Beedrill has been trained intensively, and has gotten this powerful move through TM. Also, since Abra is poisoned, it takes twice as much damage.

"Darn, gonna have to try harder. Abra, evolve!" It obeyed and evolved into Kadabra.

"Excuse me?! How did it evolve on command?"

"Simple, it was holding an Everstone, and threw it away. Kadabra, use Confusion." Kadabra learn this move upon evolving, so he could do so successfully.

"Beedrill, Twineedle."

"Kadabra, Teleport." In doing so, it dodged the attack.

 "Beedrill, Fury Attack."

"Kadabra, Psychic." Beedrill was hit before it could attack.

"Now use Confusion." Beedrill was confused.

"Beedrill, use Venoshock." The bee Pokémon, confused, instead of liberating the energy, it concentrated it inside itself, hitting itself."

"Finish it with Psychic." Beedrill fainted, and Brandon won the badge.

"Congratulations, kid, you won the Spirit Badge. Also, Charlie, Kyle, come here. I forgot to give you this yesterday, but all of you get a TM74, Venoshock."

"Thanks, Marla."

Now that everyone had the badge, they went back to the Pokémon Center.

"Alright, where do we go next, Kyle?"

"Nearest gym is the flying type gym in Skoro Town."

"Anything we should worry about on the path?"

"A construction site will require us to take a detour through a cave."

"Very well."

"We'll have to be careful, Team Razor has an operation ongoing there." Sofie said.

"How do you know that?"

"It's a big one, has been planned for two weeks. I don't know the objective though."

"Alright then, let's stay one more day and leave tomorrow."

"Ok."