2

Mɪsᴄᴏɴᴄᴇᴘᴛɪᴏɴs

I woke up on the couch with a terrible headache.

I groaned at the brightness of the light that was shining in through the living room windows.

And as if on cue, Izaiah walked into my house.

This was the one time I'd ever regretted giving him a key.

He laughed the moment he saw me, "The fuck happened to you?"

I glared at him as I got up to go back to my room. "Why are you here? Don't you got somebody else to bother?"

He shrugged with a goofy smile as he followed. "Not forreal. I'm all yours."

I rolled my eyes while looking in my bathroom cabinet, "Please, go call one of your bitches."

He furrowed his brows and took a seat on my bed. "My phone been dry since I got my first one in sixth grade. What you talking about?"

"Sure," I muttered, taking medicine for my headache.

"So why'd you get drunk by yourself? You know you could've came over."

"Something told me you'd be busy, so I decided to leave you alone," I shrugged. I refused to look at him as I got out what I needed for my morning routine.

"Well, I wasn't. And even if I was, that's never stopped you before. What's going on, baby? You only drink alone when you upset," he asked, getting up to come in the bathroom with me.

"Nothing, just felt like drinking," I replied, starting to brush my teeth.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in my neck. "Liar. Why won't you tell me?"

I rinsed my mouth, "Fine. What happened last night?"

He furrowed his brows, "What you mean? That's what I'm asking you."

"What did you do last night, Izaiah?"

He shrugged, "I stayed up playing the game with my friend."

I scoffed and started to wash my face. "Oh, okay."

"I'm so lost," he sighed.

I finished my morning routine then turned around and crossed my arms.

"Wait, you mad at me? What I do?" he asked.

"You was just playing the game?" I asked in disbelief.

He furrowed his brows, "Yes, baby. What you trippin on?"

"I heard the fucking call, Deshawn. You was with a bitch, right? She asked for rounds, don't fucking lie to me. How dare you start fucking with somebody and don't tell me?! What kind of bestie are you?" I asked, realizing I was sounding too much like a girlfriend.

He furrowed his brows, "How you hear the- Whatever. We weren't talking about sex, it's a game on my Xbox. We were playing ROUNDS."

"Bullshit. You called her 'love'."

He chuckled and pulled out his phone to go to the girl's Instagram account then gave it to me. "Baby, that's her last name."

Just as he'd said, the account name read 'Z. Love'. I gave it back. "Why are you calling her by her last name?"

He shrugged, "Her first name's Zayda. We got the same nickname, so she said just use her last name."

"Oh," I replied shortly.

He picked me up and sat me on the counter, nuzzling his face into my neck. "You okay now? I'm still single, I don't have a secret girlfriend. You'll be the first to know if I find somebody."