6

Pʟᴀʏɪɴɢ Dɪʀᴛʏ

"Where you headed, sweet cheeks?" a man's voice called.

I was walking to the cafe near my apartment complex to meet with my friends. And usually, I'd ignore a cat call on the streets, but this wasn't the same.

I knew that southern accent anywhere. I turned around to see my dad's best friend, Taishiro Toyomitsu.

"Fat daddy!" I smiled, going back to hug him.

He wasn't actually fat anymore, in fact, the man was ripped and a trainer now. But when I was younger, he was like an oversized teddy bear, so that name would stick forever.

"How've you been, cupcake? You never come home anymore," he asked.

I sighed, "Exhausted, actually. I'm almost always busy with work, but I have a few days off, so I was headed to meet the girls for lunch, then on my way home after. Do you wanna come, too?"

He waved a dismissive hand. "Oh, naw, baby. I gotta get home to the missus."

"How is she?"

He chuckled, "Well... Let's just say you're getting another cousin. We're naming him Lucas."

My eyes lit up, I couldn't help jumping to hug him again. "Congratulations!"

"Thank you, thank y-" His phone started ringing and he sighed as he pulled it out. "Hey, sugar cube."

I could hear my aunt through the phone despite the fact that it wasn't on speaker. "Don't you 'hey, sugar cube' me! Where the hell are you?!"

"I'm coming, honey. I ran into Y/n on the way home," he explained.

"Tell her to come home, I miss her!"

I pouted, silently begging him to let me talk to her. He nodded, "Okay. Honey? I'm gonna put her on the phone."

"Okay," she replied.

He gave me the phone, and I couldn't contain my smile as I put it to my ear. "Hey, auntie!"

"Come home! I miss you so much!" she instantly whined.

I pouted, "I miss you, too! I promise I'll come home today."

"Okay, baby. Tell Taishiro to bring me ice cream, but don't tell him I said it," she whispered.

I laughed, "Okay. I love you."

"I love you, too, baby."

I gave the phone back to him, waiting while he finished the call.

When he did, he sighed. "Alright, I should head on home before she gets any more worked up. You be careful, sweetheart, you hear me? You can call old Uncle Fat anytime you need him, alright?"

I nodded, "You should get auntie some ice cream. You won't get in as much trouble if you do. Nobody can be mad while eating ice cream."

He thought for a moment. "You know what? That's a good idea. Thanks, butterscotch."

"You're welcome," I smiled.

He squeezed me in a hug, dipping me as he and left rapid fire kisses on my cheek, just like he did when I was little. I yelped and laughed, clinging to him since my balance was completely in his hands.

He stood me back up with a warm laugh that never failed to make me smile. He held my cheeks and kissed my forehead, "Guess I shouldn't do that too much anymore, huh? Now that you're all grown up."

I smiled softly, "I'll be your cheesecake, butterscotch, candy cane, gummy bear, and whatever other sweet stuff you can think of forever. And anyway, I'm only twenty-three. I'm not old."