14

I woke up in Hanta's arms and knew I wanted to spend every morning this way, with him as my first view of the day.

He looked so peaceful in his sleep—something about that was calming for me, too. His pink lips that were just barely parted, his long black eyelashes and the gorgeously shaped eyebrows above them, the way his skin sparkled is the corner of sunlight—almost like a vampire's, the tattoos on his neck that trailed down his chest and arms.

I reached to move his hair out of his face, being careful not to wake him. I wanted to kiss him so badly, he was just such a gorgeous man. But I knew he needed his rest, so I retracted my hand and got out of bed.

I went to do my morning routine before returning to bed and kissing his chest as I climbed on top of him. He'd had enough sleep honestly, I wanted him awake with me.

He exhaled and wrapped me in a bear hug, pressing a kiss to my head.

"Good morning, Hanta," I greeted softly.

"Good morning," he returned with so much gravel in his voice.

"You want coffee?"

He nodded and turned away to yawn as I got up. He stretched dramatically then checked his phone as he got up to go in the bathroom.

When I came back, he was sitting at the edge of the bed. "Be careful," I warned, handing over the mug.

He took it and caught my chin, dragging me in for a soft peck, "Thank you."

I smiled, "You're welcome."

Neo sauntered into the room, meowing loudly for attention. He circled around my ankles, his tail curling around my leg as he brushed against me repeatedly.

"Oh, my God! Baby you must be starving!" I pouted, scooping him up in my arms. "Mommy's so sorry!"

"It's more likely he has to use the bathroom. I fed him when I came home yesterday and refilled his bowls last night before I went to sleep. I forgot to get him a litter box, though," Hanta informed.

I went to kiss his cheek, "Thank you."

"Mhm," he returned, taking another sip of his coffee.

I left the room to take Neo outside, while Hanta drank his coffee in silence. He wasn't much of a morning person when he first woke up. Coffee was an absolute must for him, though honestly, that could be said at any time of day. The man loved his coffee.

I put Neo down in the backyard and he immediately looked at me in what was likely disgust, considering the way he'd lifted one of his paws off the ground.

"Quit being boujee and go use the bathroom," I sighed.

Of course, his sassy ass meowed back in opposition.

"You not coming back inside until you use the bathroom 'cause I'll be goddamned if you shit in his house and he letting us stay here for free."

Hanta came out behind me after finishing his coffee and sparked a blunt. "I'll go get him a litter box in a minute. And just so you know, I'd never charge you to stay with me," he exhaled, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

I turned to watch him as he took another hit. Something about that French inhale was just so fucking sexy.

I shook my head, "You don't have to do that. I can just go get the one he already has from my place."

"We," he corrected, passing me the blunt. "You're not going back there by yourself."

"You don't have to work?"