Chapter 13: A Broken Family

3 POV

Ryu was lying on his bed reading some news while Coco was just trying out Ryu's clothes until they here a knock on the door then Ryu go to open.

Ruby: Hello brother, mind if I come in for a bit?

Ryu: Sure, why not?

As she walk in an saw Coco wearing Ryu clothes

Coco: Yo.

Ruby: Hello, why are you wearing his jacket?

Ryu: She can wear whatever she want. Anyway what do you want?

Ruby: What? I just want to see you that all.

Ryu: Look, I may haven't live with you for over 10 years, but I can still tell if you are hiding something. And I know that you didn't eaten you vegetables when I went missing.

Ruby: Hmm. I was worried for you so I forgot and... you got me, I want you to go to our family reunion tomorrow Saturday.

Ryu: I don't know, I haven't fully healed yet, so I will only have half of my power. Let's me think first, can I take on all of you with only half of my power?

Ruby: What!? No no no. We don't want to fight, we just want to spend the day like a family that all.

Ryu: Right... That same family that beaten an 8 years old half to dead?

Ruby looked down sad

Ruby: No... I just want to fix our family...

Ryu: Fix? You still have-

Ruby: Aunt Raven left the house, uncle Qrow hate all of us, mother lie in your room cry all night and father started to drink since the day you left.

Ryu: Oh...

Ruby: Yang would sometime have nightmares...

Ryu: And how about you? Do you feel anything?

Ruby: I felt ashamed, disappointment, disgusted at myself... The only reason why I came here was to have a better chance of finding you.

Ryu: Alright then want do you have in mind other then luring me into a fight with only half my power.

Ruby: Well I was thinking we should got to an amusement park, we can spend time there playing game and-

She then realized the last part that Ryu said

Ruby: No no no! I wasn't going to do something like that, trust me, I swear.

Ryu: *smirk* I just kidding, I can read people, I can tell when they are lying, if they are hiding something even when they are faking their emotions.

Ruby: ...

Ryu: I know a lot more but that is an story for another time. Anyway sure I go.

Ruby: Really!?

Ryu: Yeah. I would say "no" but if since she heard the whole thing I can't.

Ruby: Who?

Ryu: Nevermind that it's late, you should go back to your room before it past your bedtime.

Ruby: I not a-

He push Ruby out and closed the door

Ryu: Why do I feel like something bad will happen.

Time Skip next day in front of a amusement park Ruby and her family was standing there waiting for Ryu.

Yang: Where is he? Ruby are you sure that he will come?