Chapter 1 (Something new)

Hey guys! It's Grace again. I ADORE AJR, and do you love the image/scene? I love Allison's expression. Anywaysss, I was wondering if I should make a new story while writing this one (I'm cool with writing multiple stories at a time). If anybody has any ideas let me know. Btw I don't make as many a/n's in this chapter as I did in the prologue. Great, hope you guys enjoy it.

Present (a/n so I searched up the age of Kol when they were turned-since he and Mischief are twins-and it actually said that Kol was just under 18 when he turned-shocking I know because the actor was 100%, not 17 when he played Kol-but for the purposes of the book they were 18) 

I awoke at the sound of birds chirping. In all my years that was probably my least favourite sound to wake to. It had always reminded me of when I was a child and I would play hide and seek with my brothers and sister, before we were turned, of course. 

I sat up immediately awake for the day. Technically I didn't need to sleep but it helped keep up appearances plus it got boring waiting doing nothing except for wandering around Beacon Hills. I get off the bed and walk to my dresser. 

I open it and dig through the many flannel shirts that I had assigned as a personality trait for my character. I felt cold metal and I picked up the locket with gentle reverence. I stood there for a moment before opening the clasp and staring at the picture inside. It was my brothers and sister and I all crowded around a bonfire. All of us were smiling, even Niklaus who never smiled much unless it was to us. 

The locket was Rebekah's. A couple of centuries ago Mikael had found Niklaus, Rebekah, Elijah, and me, so Niklaus had ordered me to destroy it, because the picture of us was proof of the Mikaelsons, of the villains in so many peoples stories. 

I felt a tear run down my face and I swiped at it. I missed them. But Mikael found us a little under 20 years ago so we all had to go in different directions. I sighed and used my vampire speed to get dressed. I slowly walked back over to the locket and hesitantly put it over my neck and hid it under my shirt. 

I felt my stomach growling and I suddenly felt hunger pierce me. Whenever I got emotional my vampire hunger and instincts skyrocketed. I wasn't a ripper but the urge of a vampire was very overpowering. Sometimes the hunger was too much so I would have to hide myself from my friends. 

I used my vampire speed to get downstairs and out the door heading towards the woods. I stopped once I got deep in the woods and let my senses take over. After not hearing a single animal I sigh and start walking back into town. I usually drink animal blood but sometimes it was difficult to find any. 

I saw a woman walk into an alleyway, her phone was held to her ear and I could hear a man talking on the other end. I quickly glanced around. Seeing not many people, I followed her quietly. A predator stalking its prey.

I started walking faster as we got to the middle. Then I used my vampire speed and snatched the phone out of her hand and hung up. She gasped as I held her against the wall, my forearm to her neck. 

She screamed for a second before I put my hand flat against her mouth and started compelling her. "Stay still, and be quiet," I said, my pupils, dilating. Her eyes immediately shut down, taking on a zombie look. Her tensed muscles relaxed and I smirked at her before realizing I must look just like Niklaus. I scowled before dragging her head to the side exposing her neck. 

Bu-bum. Bu-bum. Bu-bum. 

Her heartbeat made my vampire instincts grow crazy. The vampire in me took over and the veins around my eyes grew, the white part of the eye turning blood red as I viciously bit into her neck loving the sweet nectar that began to run down the back of my throat.