Chapter 6 (The Little Things)

Hey, this one I tried to make sad but IDK if I actually accomplished that, so let's pretend I did😂.

Tears are all I see.

Mieczyslaw's POV

A scream was torn out of my throat.

A wave of magic followed it making the trees sway by the might of my pain and heartbreak.

The scream was hoarse and filled with sobs. I gasped for breath in between my cries. I had closed my eyes tight so that all I saw was black, not Rebecca shaking on the ground—she had collapsed from the sheer force of the magic that continued to echo all around us. I did not want to see Freya who had woken up by the magic that was in the air and quickly realized what was going on as she gasped and covered her mouth with her hand.

Freya wailed and I covered my ears trying to block out the sound. There was too much going on. Too much noise.

"NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" I yelled. I started to claw at my face and neck, still on my knees, "YOU ARE NOT DEAD!" I shouted into the abyss behind my eyes, "YOU DO NOT GET TO LEAVE!" I scratched harder and my muted thoughts told me that blood was now dripping down my face from the deepness of the scratches. "YOU DO NOT GET TO LEAVE." I bellowed angrily, "YOU DO NOT GET TO!" I suddenly stopped my eyes going hard as I stood up.

Pure rage consumed me. I used my vampire speed to make my way back to him. I held back a sob when I saw my brother being held in Noah's arms with the white oak stake in his heart. His skin was slowly turning grey and ashes started to float up around him. I vaguely noticed that my skin also had taken a grey tint to it but not nearly as much as him.

 I vaguely noticed that my skin also had taken a grey tint to it but not nearly as much as him

(a/n This is what Kol looks like dying, let's just pretend it's Kol)

Kol was looking upwards. The night sky and stars reflected in his eyes. I made a whining noise at the back of my throat and he looked over to me, eyes rimmed with silver. Tears, I thought, Kol's tears always had a silver brightness to them. They used to joke that it had been magic in the tears.

"Mischief." He whispered to me. His arm twitched as if he wanted to reach for me but before he could the tip of his fingers started to flake off in grey ash.

I rushed to his side, my breath quickening as I felt veins start to make their way outward from my heart slowly, "Kol, Kol you can not leave now. You promised me. You promised me you would not leave."

"I am—" He paused struggling to find the words, "I am so sorry, dear Mischief."

Tears ran down my face when I heard him whispering.

I leaned down more, using my abilities so I could hear him, "Mischief, my pocket. Look in the pocket of my trousers." I did as he told me to, despite the fact I could barely see. I sucked in a breath when I found what he wanted me to. It was a ring box. I took the ring out and held it up to the light. D & K the engravement said. He smiled weakly, "I was going to ask her to marry me."