Chapter 10 Pt. 1(Where is he?)

I know it's been so long since I updated and I promised myself I wouldn't do irregular chapter updates so I'm going to get back into my regular Thursday through Saturday updates. Check at the bottom for notes about Chapter 10 Pt. 2. Also, the top image gives me pure "YASSSSS KLAUS, YOU GO GIRL" vibes.

I scream until my throat hurts and I can not produce sound.

Lydia's POV

I can not feel anything. 

My senses are numb. I vaguely hear sobbing and a man talking but I can not tell what the words mean. The speech blends until I hear one word stand out from the others.

Stiles.

Then, the feeling comes rushing back like a tidal wave. I feel the way my bare knees hit the soft carpet underneath them. The way my tears cling to my lashes and quickly drop to the ground. The way my ears ring, a sounding echo of my scream. The way the Sherriff is clutching onto my shoulder like the earth had tilted on its axis. As far as I knew, he had found me in Stiles' room only moments after my discovery and had been standing there like his world was crashing down since.

I cover my mouth with my palm until I can feel my teeth biting into my skin. 

I will not scream.

I can smell the blood on the carpet from where I kneel. The scent is so brutal that I use my thumb and pointer finger to pinch my nose while the other digits continue to press tightly on my lips. 

I will not scream.

I shut my eyes, clenching them, and trying to get rid of the tears clouding my vision. 

I will not scream.

I should have known that something was wrong from the beginning. Even when I was at the pack meeting earlier—the first one—I should have realized that the uncomfortable itching at my throat, the rolling in my stomach, the pounding on my temples, were my abilities warning me that danger was coming for someone that I cared for.

I will not scream.

I should have noticed that when I watched Stiles walk in through the loft door I was going to end up in his blood-coated room only a few hours later.

I will not scream.

It is only when I hear a muted sound of a door slamming from downstairs and running thumps from the creaky stairs that I realize someone else was in the house. A person sprints up until they find the bloodstained scene. The door to Stiles' room had already been open due to both my and the Sherriff's shock.

I will not scream.

I peek a puffy eye open to look at the person in the doorway of the room and see a figure with a scarlet hoodie in hand. Stiles'  scarlet hoodie.

I WILL NOT SCREAM.

I gasp and my eyes widen, only to see black spots at the edges of my vision and I quickly found that my lungs had been begging for air.

"Stiles?" I question hoarsely. My sight clears for moments and I realize the figure with Stiles' hoodie is just a horrified Scott staring gobsmacked around the room. The hope inside me withers.

After minutes of surveying the scene, Scott turned to me while I stretched my lips into a thin line trying to prevent the cries from escaping.

"Lydia..." Scott's voice cracked at his eyes glazed over, silver rimming the sclera of the eye, "Where is Stiles?" I let out a small wail despite my efforts in trying to stop it. "Lydia, where is he?" The sorrow in Scott's eyes shifted into something like pure rage, "Where is Stiles, Lydia?!" He bared his teeth and his eyes flashed golden, "WHERE IS MY BROTHER!" He roared before turning around and swiping at the desk in the room causing deep claw marks in the painted wood.