Chapter 11

Eleven Days before the Sports Festival:

"Papa! Papa!"

The sound of little footsteps hitting against the wood flooring echoed throughout the house. A small bundle of white hair and red eyes can be seen running down the hallway in excitement. From their eyes alone it revealed that something important was remembered and from the hurried movements it meant that it could not wait.

Small delicate fingers wrapped themselves around the entrance threshold to the study room. "Papa?" Confusion was appropriate for the young child. Her papa could usually be found in here when he had time away from work.

"I'm in the kitchen snowball!" Eri let a a happy giggle when she heard her papa's voice.

Midoriya slid the spatula underneath the bubbling pancake mix, carefully sliding it under the edges in a full circle before flipping the pancake. He hummed in delight at the nice golden brown it showed. While he waited for his daughter to come down Midoriya began to think at how well Eri was adjusting herself at school. Well not just school but here in Japan, which even though is her birth place she did spend about a year and half  in the states.

'Has it really been about a year and a half since I saved Eri?' Midoriya stopped to think. 'A child at the tender age of 5 should never have been in the situation that she was in.'

A new thought came to mind.

'It was also around the same time since the incident, before I met Eri, huh?'

"Papa!" Midoriya turned around to see Eri still wearing her pajamas, much like he was currently.

"Look! Look! I made a drawing about my family in class yesterday!" In her hands Eri held up a sheet of paper that depicted sticks figures meant to represent herself and Midoriya. The two stick figures were holding hands with smiles drawn on their faces. "My teacher wanted us to talk about our family yesterday!" The bright smile on her face only reaffirmed Midoriya that he does not regret adopting Eri.

"That's amazing sweetie," Midoriya turned the stove off and approached his daughter, "I can see that you're having fun in class. Do you like your teacher?" Kneeling next to Eri, Midoriya was looking at the drawing in happiness before picking up his daughter. He walked briefly to the fridge and planted a magnet on the drawing.

Wrapping her hands around his neck Eri nodded in confirmation. "Mhm! She's the best!"

"You really think so?" Asked Midoriya with mild curiosity. He sat her down in her seat at the table and placed a plate of pancakes in front of her.

"Yeah, she's really nice too. She even gave me a juice box!"  Exclaimed Eri as Midoriya seated himself down at the table.

'So that's where Eri got the juice box from.' Midoriya concluded as he remembered the incident with his student Nejire. 'I hope the teacher didn't see that.'

"Hey papa I have a question."

Midoriya focused his attention back to his daughter. "Yeah snowball, what's your question?"

"How old are you?" Stopping his cup halfway from reaching his lips Midoriya sent a confused gaze at his daughter. She had an innocent expression in to her question however, so he answered.

"I just turned 20...I thought you knew this already?"

"I just wanted to be sure. My teacher said to write about my family for class."