Chapter 13

Moments before the tournament final's:

"Alright you raving fans, please wait while we prepare the fighting ring!" Present Mic announced as some of the audience left the stadium during this intermission. "In the meantime please enjoy the food from the cafeteria!"

Swiveling around Present Mic looked to the other occupants. "Hey guys, why don't we get something to eat?" Only to find his mummified friend sitting alone.

"Midoriya left earlier to talk with the students."

"Ah. Okay," Mic said blankly, "well that just leaves us to go. C'mon, my treat." He quickly grabbed the back of the chair and move Aizawa out the room. Aizawa's protests and want to sleep fell deaf on his ears.

"Midoriya-sensei! What are you doing here?"

"Why, to check on my students of course. I saw how hard you guys fought throughout the obstacle race and the calvary."

All the students from class B sat in the seats reserved for them in the stadium. Having already gotten their lunches some time ago but were left untouched. That was enough to let Midoriya know about their spirits.

"Yeah, well we still failed and makes matter worse everyone's cheering for the stupid class A." His student Kamakiri voiced out what class B were thinking.

"It's humiliating."

"Its embarrassing."

"And it's shameful to be even called your students sensei."

If the atmosphere wasn't gloomy enough then it certainly is now. Midoriya glanced around the room and couldn't help but feel a bit depressed at their attitudes. It reminded him of himself back when he was their age.

"I can't say I don't partially agree with your opinions, it was indeed humiliating and shameful," his words brought some of them to tear up, "but the one who should feel the most shame aren't you guys."

"It's me."

Confused at his statement his class looked at him, finally giving him their full attention.

"I should be the one ashamed and embarrassed, not at your capabilities and skill," he closed the door and fully entered the room, "but at mine." He stood in front of them now.

"My lack of skills and knowledge is the cause to the outcome, if only I had better prepared you all. Then maybe your morality wouldn't be as low as it is now."

The sincerity and kindness in his words kept them silent, unable to actually believe the words he said.

"So please, do not blame yourselves and instead blame me for my shortcomings." Without hesitation he bowed before them, their eyes widening. "I am sorry."

Needless to say they protested vehemently. Their shouts of denial and disbelief filled the room.

"It is fine. You may not accept my claims but please don't be ashamed." He gave them a proud smile while he made his way back to the door. "Lets work harder the next time there's a chance." He left and closed the door behind him.

Walking down the hallway he went to search for his second class since he knew they all would be at the cafeteria. But he wanted to meet one in particular more than the rest of class 1A.