Honey Don't Think

The sun streamed in through the blinds of Sirius's bedroom, falling on Colleen's beautiful sleeping face. He admired the way it shone on her long red-gold strands of hair as they draped across his black sheets. Her lips were parted ever so slightly, her eyelashes soft against her smooth alabaster cheek. Every detail of her seemed crafted for the express purpose of making his heart beat faster. It dawned on him how important it was for him to tread lightly and not mess this up.

After seeing Remus and Tonks safely into a Muggle cab (necessitated by keeping up appearances for Colleen's sake), they had opted for Sirius's place, since it was within walking distance of the bar. Dr. Moody would also be by later that morning, since Saturday was one of his free days from St. Mungo's when he could concentrate on house calls. Colleen was to go to her mother's house for a visit while Sirius was in session, since her mum also lived in the immediate area. It was a fortunate coincidence responsible for Sirius meeting Colleen in the first place exactly a week ago; since her mum had been keeping Ben, Colleen and Hannah had just happened upon Gallagher's when on a quest for the nearest club.

Sirius leaned down and pressed a kiss to her arm, then her cheek and forehead before finally grazing her lips. She stirred a little, and he laid a hand gently on the burgundy silk of her nightgown. After their escapade in the bathroom of the club, they both agreed that a night of actually sleeping together was what they both wanted, so that's what they did— Sirius in gray pajama bottoms, content to simply hold her and rest.

"Good morning, beautiful."

Colleen smiled. "You woke up before me — that must mean it's ridiculously late."

"Nine," Sirius replied. "Not too bad. Moody will be here at 10:30. Are you sure you don't mind going to your mum's?"

She stroked the stubble of his cheek with her thumb. "Of course not. I think it's great that you're talking to someone given everything you've been though."

Sirius couldn't tell her she didn't even know the half of it. But he would have to soon. The longer he let it go on, the more it would look like he'd been trying to hide something from her. Of course he was, but not out of malice or dishonesty. He just truly didn't know the proper protocol for such things in the magical world. He'd never been invested enough in any of his Muggle relationships to figure it out. At what point was it considered "love" enough to reveal all the secrets? He made a note to ask Dr. Moody, although he was pretty sure he wouldn't like the man's answer.

"Do you have any more of that hangover stuff?" Colleen asked him with a yawn. "It's not quite as bad this time, but I think brunch with my mum will be more bearable if I have a bit."

"Of course, love." Sirius strode to the cabinet across from the bed that kept his potion stores.

"What the...? Sirius, that's a lot of bottles. Do you need them that often?" She was clearly worried about his mental state.

He laughed. "No, you've got all kinds here. Headache, sore throat, sleep, wound healing, stuff to keep you alert, upset stomach, birth control, aphrodisiacs..."

"Pretty sure you've never needed to give a woman an aphrodisiac. I don't get it though...what are they?"

"Potions, love. Just the basic ones. And don't think of them like aphrodisiacs...more like enhancements." Sirius watched a lovely blush creep to her cheeks and he handed her the requested potion with a kiss.

"Coffee," Colleen muttered. "It's too early for this."

"Coffee can be arranged. As can enhancements...later this afternoon." He pulled her close and her hands immediately came up to roam his bare chest, exploring his tattoos.