Ch. 5 - 𝘼 𝙉𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙇 𝘼𝙋𝙋𝙍𝙊𝘼𝘾𝙃

Ivory's outfit:

• ꒰ა 🕊 ໒꒱ •

Chapter Five🎭 A Novel Approach 🎭

Chapter Five
🎭 A Novel Approach 🎭

"The Dread Doctors by T.R. McCammon." Lydia read as she, Ivory and Malia walked into the school. Lydia slowed down to a stop as she looked at the book Malia brought, making Malia and Ivory almost run into her. "What?" Ivory asked and Lydia stilled stared at the cover as she started walking again, "I don't know. There's something about it...Has anyone actually read it yet?"

"Just me and Ivory, and I didn't understand any of it." Malia said and Ivory nodded, "Yeah, it was very hard to understand at many points." Ivory said and Lydia hummed slightly.

"We should probably all read it." She said and Malia nodded. "Kira's working on that." She said as they walked up to Malia's locker. "Stiles says he can't find anything on the author. He thinks it's a pen name." Ivory said as Lydia it over to read the back.

"In a small New England town, teenagers are taken in the night and buried alive. Days later, they emerge transformed, wreaking havoc and spreading terror, commanded by an ancient order of parascientists know only as the Dread Doctors." She said then hummed looking up at them, "Sounds familiar." She said and Malia and Ivory nodded.

"How does it end?" Lydia asked and Ivory shook her head, "It doesn't. This is Volume One." She said making Lydia hum. "Oh, let me guess- there is no Volume Two?" Lydia asked and Ivory sighed and shook her head, "With our luck combined with this town? I think we're probably living volume two." She said.

"Then maybe the real question is... Is this a novel or someone's prediction?"

🎭

"Sorry, but I'd never even heard of the Kanima until a few days ago. You want me to read this?" Theo said as he and Ivory walked down the hall while Theo looked at one of the printed copies of the book. "Not yet. This is Scott's copy and he's still only on chapter one." She said and he glanced at her, "Have you read it yet?" He asked and she nodded.