A blast of a time

The Man stares at us through the screen, his mask smirking with sick glee. "You guys look preoccupied with something?"

"Oh yeah, those things." He says with pride. "amazed, Come on admit it. You know it's cool." He laughs

We're too focused on making sure those monsters don't get in than listening to him, simply not a priority for us.

"Hey listen when someone is talking to you!" He shouts as the room turns red, in tune with his mask. " I was going to go on some long monolog on how your plan was destined to fail, but those always drag on too long, I'll just do the short version." He says, anger pouring out of his words.

We all turn our attention to him, seeing the turrets in the room we never noticed before begin to wir up and point at us.

The Man takes a moment to breathe and his mask, and the room chill to a cool blue. "I was going to just kill you, but I've enveloped too much time into this side project of yours. It'd be a damn shame if it never went anywhere." He says quietly to himself.

"I'll keep playing this game though, we've been so far already, and I've invested too much to not see how it ends." The Man starts typing at his computer, and suddenly a notification appears on the computer underneath the screen he's projected on.

"Your plan was nice, come here for the final piece of information to piece together where all the details of my plan are." He rests his head on his gloved hand, staring into the camera on his computer.

"too bad it would've never worked out. The information wasn't here, it was never here." He says as his mask turns to a lighter blue. "But I'm growing tired of this back and forth. I send guys after you, you kill them, I send more and you invade one of my bases." He gestures into the air, explaining his point.

"I just sent you the last bit of information you need to decipher the code to find my location. But first, you'll need to get out of there, so good luck!" He laughs and disconnects

The screen turns black and I run up to the console and start getting the data off it. "We need to get the hell outta here." Ren grunts as he starts putting more things on the barricade.

"I'll pull up the map, and look for the exit," I reply frantically.

After some time I snag the data and a way out. "I found a way, it's a little cramped though," I say as I point up at a vent.

We rip the vent open and start climbing through, the dust causing us to cough and sting our eyes, Not to mention the countless amount of screws stabbing our palms and knees.

We find a second vent cover leading us closer to the exit and more importantly away from the flesh monsters.

We follow the hallways to the exit, encountering a staggeringly low count of enemies. We get to the entrance of the stairs, blocked off by a giant metal blast door.

"Blast doors, we're not getting through these," I say as I bang lightly on the door. Ren puts his hand out and gestures to the map. "lemme see,  I think I got an idea." He says, on his face is a faint smile.

"what are you planning?" I ask, a little unnerved by his mood. I give him the map and he stares at it silently, his eyes flick around like they're looking for something specific. "Ha! Found it, follow me!" He shouts gleefully as he starts running down one of the hallways.

We start following him, not like we have a choice. He keeps checking the map and making sudden turns. "Hey, Ren! How are you not freaking out like the rest of us? You saw those things too!" Ries suddenly shouts out, like it's been on his mind for a while.