Chapter 17

- 'why does everyone in this universe keeps telling me that I have changed like I am a human and humans can change while getting older, I'm confounded about the whole 'you have changed' line' I thought staring at him with empty eyes.

"So are you on our side?" he asked me trying to get an answer, that I had already given, so he could know whether to attack me or not, even if I answered him like before is that gonna make any difference?

"Hn, I am not on your side nor Tobi's side, I am basically neutral" I explained.

"Then what? Why are you here then?" he asked, still glazing at me with his byakugan eyes.

"Then what? I won't attack you, but I won't help you unless that benefits me, just like earlier, I helped to gain your trust, I'm being honest here" I told them not hiding the truth.

"I have never known that there was another Uchiha in the village," a guy said.

"Well, why would I tell you that I'm an Uchiha, it's not like I am that proud to be one, also stop asking me questions," I said turning my body to leave.

"Neji, should we stop her?" a random dude asked, Neji looked at him then at the rest of them "I don't think we can fight here while we are like this, we should now focus on the zetsus in between us" he declared, I smirked leaving the place.

A short time skip:
After I left that group, I immediately felt a strong earthquake shaking the ground underneath my feet, it was coming from a far place, I looked in the direction, to see a hill blocking my view 'tsk, can't take a break, I can't get so far away from this area so I can be ready if anything happens with Itachi, I can feel his chakra fighting right now, I cannot, in any case, leave a big distance between us' I thought.

On my way I kept finding those white zetsus, I'm pretty sure at this level I killed at least 200 of them, I also found dead bodies, not only one or two, but a whole group lying dead with blood splashed around their figures.

When I think about it, my drowning out of chakra wasn't only because of me, I was so exhausted to even realize that also Itachi was taking away from my chakra, how? Well, my chakra is connected to him.

The nap that I took was so helpful for me to continue going, it's now about 6 o'clock, and Itachi was still fighting with Sasuke, it was the right time for me to go there, I'm sure I will arrive just before the fight ends, which is what I have been waiting for those past hours.

Sasuke pov:
"I'll stop the reanimation jutsu now," said Itachi taking Kabuto's glasses off, I looked at him with pitiful eyes "And all the reanimated dead will fade away" he continued.My eyes widened 'but that means Itachi will also disappear, after all these years for me waiting for him to acknowledge me, and when he finally did that, he's gonna leave again?'

"That should end the war" he wasn't even looking at me, he opened kabuto's eyes, to release the Jutsu.

"But... you'll be gone too ni-san" I mumbled "I'll have protected my village as Itachi Uchiha of the leaf once again, I have no more regrets" he turned to look at me.

'Why? Why does he even care about that village? That village that only caused him pain and suffering, Konoha that led him to his end' I thought angrily.

"Why? Why help the very village that put you where you are now? You may be able to forgive them, but I can't" I burst at him, my eyes were filled with frustration but also you can see the amount of hurt that was caused by the village, but I made the decision to tell him everything before it's too late "You have no more regrets? What about what you've made me become?!" Itachi kept staring at me.

He finally spoke "I'm not the one to change you, Sasuke. But I can stop this Jutsu, that will fulfill my promise to Naruto and akami at least" I was shocked, how does he know Akami, that question was in my mind so I asked "Akami? How do you know her?"