Chapter 32- Missing Him

Ranboo couldn't get to sleep.
He was one of the only ones in the household that actually needed rest, but yet so much had happened that it was impossible to get any rest at all.
His mind was swirling and confusing him, thinking about everything that had happened- potential threats from Tommy's family, Tubbo's abrupt departure, leaving him and Puffy alone to face four deadly vampires by themselves...
And also, to be frank, he missed Tubbo.

He didn't like the fact that he did, honestly, but couldn't help himself from missing him and his company. A lot.
Tubbo may have been a psychotic control freak who held grudges, but he was Ranboo's psychotic control freak who held grudges, and Ranboo missed that.

He glanced at the ancient clock that hung in Tommy's empty, dark room.
2AM.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

The ticking really got on his nerves and once he'd noticed it, there was no going back, and he continually noticed the once-soft, sharp ticking of the loud clock.
Stop! he screamed in his mind. He couldn't bear it any more. Not the clock specifically, just... everything. Everything that had happened. It all bled into one ugly mix of horribleness.
I'll go for a walk to clear my head, he thought to himself.

He sauntered downstairs, into the empty mansion. It was eerie.
Only him and a sleeping Phil, who was in the next room, were in the house.
Wilbur was, well, God knows where, and Tommy was out hunting with Techno. Puffy was probably still in the house somewhere, but obviously not of her own volition. Ranboo hoped for her to escape. He felt bad for her, to be fair.
He cautiously opened the heavy doors, careful to not wake Phil as he would probably get his ass beat if he was caught, however much he explained.
He finally got out into the open air and breathed a sigh of relief. At last, he could clear his head a little and calm down.
He sat down on the dry grass and stared up at the stars wilfully. He remembered doing this with Tommy and Tubbo when they were younger- they'd make up funny names for the constellations rather than the constellation in question's "proper name". Good times...
All gone.
He glanced at the woods.
Would anyone really miss him if he left now? Just got up and went? Tommy would care, surely, but would anyone else? It was obvious that Tommy's family didn't give one fuck about him and weren't prepared to at any time, so they wouldn't miss him.
Yeah.

Why not?

Why couldn't he just go?

On impulse, he walked slowly into the forest, thinking to himself, "I'll go back in a minute, I bet- my brain will tell me to go back and then I will and everything will be fine."
Yet the impulse to turn back never came.
He continued on until he heard an odd noise come from somewhere near to him.
What was it? It was faint, yet there was definitely somebody there. Or maybe even two people!?

"Haah- Wilbur-"
A voice came from near him, and Ranboo was startled.
"Wilbur?" he called out into the forest.
There was a lot of twig snapping and leaf crunching (and a few muttered curse words), and eventually Wilbur came out from the trees, a few minutes or so after Ranboo had originally said Wilbur's name.
His hair was disheveled and his belt buckle was undone. He had put his shirt on backwards- the "Do not iron" tag was sticking out from under his neck, but he didn't seem to notice.
"Ranboo!" he said in an oddly cheery voice, like he wanted to be rid of Ranboo as quickly as possible.
"Uh. Hey, Wilbur. What are you doing here?"
"I should ask you the same thing."
"Who said your name? Other than me, I mean. Like, I heard this voice make a weird sound then say your name and stuff."
"Oh, probably your ears deceiving you! There's nobody here, dear! Just you and me. Nobody else. At all," Wilbur said, being uncharacteristically friendly.
"Wilburrrr, when will you come back?!" said a whiny voice from deeper in the forest.
"God fucking dammit," Wilbur said, placing a palm to his face in exasperation.
"Get your shirt back on! And your trousers! We have a... uh, visitor, come say hello!" Wilbur called to the forest, or at least, the person in the forest.
"Aw, okay," the voice said, disappointed, and soon a figure was battling its way through branches and trees.
The figure came into light.
"Hey, Ranboo," said Quackity awkwardly. His hair, like Wilbur's, was disheveled and his trademark beanie was nowhere to be found. His clothes were crumpled and dirty, like they'd been thrown on the soil or something like that, and his top three buttons were undone.
"What're you doing here at this hour?" Quackity asked curiously.
Ranboo simply didn't answer.
"Hello? I asked you a question."
"Nunya."
"What's that?"
"Nunya business."