Chapter 2

The sky was a pure light blue. Not a single cloud in the sky only being filled with a few occasions bird calls and leaves in the wind. Y/N had just barely started to wake up when two voices called to her.
"Good morning miss Y/N."
"Ah!" The girl looked over to see two little girls standing on their knees in beautiful kimonos. Both exactly identical except for different color shirts underneath. One pink and one yellow.
"Who are..how..what..where am I?" She looked around. She was in a large room like that of the king's. The giant bed she was on could probably fit three other people and then some. The walls were papered unlike her home...her home..oh no...

"Where am I? Where's my father?" She yelled at them, the two girls making no movements keeping their emotionless smiles on their faces. They again spoke in unison, answering her questions.
"You are in the home of the master." The two girls got off of their knees and shuffled over to the bed Y/N was in, handing her a large box.
"The master wishes to meet with you. We will help you dress." Y/N put up a hand to stop them only to revive a sharp pain in her back. It finally came to her that whatever had attacked her had apparently found its way to hit her from behind. She heard something snap. The two girls didn't seem to be phased, waiting for her to open up the box and take out whatever was inside.

Once she finally did, she took out a beautiful white and purple kimono with fur around the collar. Fitting for the winter season. Carefully, she took off her blankets and began to change. The cold air, however it was little, still chilled her as she got dressed.

Y/N looked at the kimono in the mirror. It was gorgeous. Beautiful with all sorts of belts and tiny little gold jewelry pieces. It felt as if it was made for a queen.

Art by puppeteer

Art by puppeteer

"Thank you." Y/N said as she was given two pairs of boots to try on. They fit snuggly on and had fur lining the inside. The two girls, who she had learned were Kiriya and Kunia, eventually, lead her out of her room and down one of the hallways of the grand mansion.
Y/N looked out to the garden. It was covered in a beautiful thin layer of snow which was currently being cleaned by children no younger than herself. All in black uniforms and hakama pants with the white kanji spelling "Kakushi" on the back. Seeing her pass, each one on their own time bowed to her before they continued to clean.
"Where am I?" Both of the girls continued walking, putting a finger above their lips in a shushing manner.
Y/N listened and continued to walk. Eventually, she heard voices. Deep, calm, and stern voices.

"We should question the young mistress on her injuries, no demon even leaves a girl like her alone unless she's been feasted on." The first voice was loud and bubbly. Some agreed with them while others stayed quiet.
"No child should ever have to go through what she did. I pray she heals quickly." The next voice was deep and stone-cold like a giant's would be.
"I'm curious, master. Why have you chosen to take this poor girl in with you? Is she family perhaps?" The voices went silent before a faint but familiar man spoke. His voice alone almost brought her to tears from its sound.