Chapter 9

"Good morning Mistress." The two young girls spoke as Y/n finally woke up. Her bed hair sticking out in every possible direction made it hard to look around. After pushing it out of her face she smiled and got up to get dressed. It was still 5 in the morning. Today was the day of a Hashira meeting, exactly a week after she had been in contact with Lord Uzui. Today she would see how the others had changed and how they would respect her. Today, Rengoku returned.

"This way please." The sisters lead Y/n to a wash room where they cleaned her hair and skin, giving her some painted makeup and making her face all pretty. Her lips and eyes given beautiful colors which helped to compliment her hair and body tone. After, they put her hair into a fine bun decorated with hairpins and wisteria flowers. Finally, they began to dress her. Giving her fresh undergarments and a gorgeous kimono that would keep her looking like the fine young woman she had been painted and primed to be.

She walked out of the washroom and sat down on her knees as the two girls made her bed and quickly got up to guide her into the dining room

She walked out of the washroom and sat down on her knees as the two girls made her bed and quickly got up to guide her into the dining room. An hour or so had past. It was now 6:38. Y/n sat down and quietly ate her food. Rice and an fried egg on the side. She was alone for a little while, once she finished her meal she waited for the two to return. They nodded allowing her to walk freely now. 7:45.

Finally, Y/n made her way into the court yard. Or at least the room that looked over it. She dared not step onto the ground. The young woman looked around the area as some of the workers in the corps cleaned up and got everything ready for the meeting. She could smell the wisteria and other bountiful flowers which were tied up and laid around the garden in various designs and other such. Looking around, Y/n saw the master. He was sitting down next to his wife, Amane. They looked happy together. But that wasn't the only thing she saw. Almost everywhere were crows. Some decorated some carrying letters. Most of them screaming at the top of their lungs messages to the master. She made her way over, kneeling down and bowing as she came close.

"Good morning, God father. I hope that you and Amane are doing well on this fine morning." Kagaya smiled at her and waved for her to come close. The crows began to fly off.
"The Hashira should be here soon. I want you to only listen during this meeting unless I call for you. Understand?" Y/n nodded.
"You've turned into such a kind and beautiful young woman. Your father would be proud." Amane smiled at her. Y/n only nodded. She got up and quietly made her way out of the room.
Time for a meeting.

The Hashira all knelt down. Keeping their eyes on the master as he spoke. All of them either smiling or wearing emotionless faces.
"I would also like to bring up the matter of new demons stirring up the town of Kanowazi. These demons have been reported to go after small children and infuse them with the scent of local flowers." The Hashira all paused and looked up. Curious at this new information.
  "If any of you ever travel close I would like you to perhaps check in and stay the night to gather information on the happenings of the town." They all nodded. Suddenly, the love Hashira spoke up.

  "Um excuse me, master, but isn't Kanowazi close to where we found the young mistress?" Kagaya nodded.
  "Indeed, it is. Y/n grew up there all of her life. I'm sure she'd be happy to help you out with information." They all nodded. Some tensed up, others smiled. The Hashira suddenly turned to the wall to their left. The doors then opened to show the twins walk out as well as some workers from the corps.
  "Thank you all for joining me today in the semi annual meeting of the Hashira. I encourage you all to take a break and spend some time here in the mansion." Kagaya smiled as the Hashira all bowed down in respect. Shinobu, Muichiro, and Gyomei all got up with Shinobu guiding him off. All that were left was Tengen, Kyojuro, Sanemi, Obani, Mitsuri and Giyu. Mitsuri was the first to stand.

  "Where are you going?" Obani called, getting up as well.
  "I'm gonna go see Y/n-sama, you wanna come?" The Hashira all looked at one another with Rengoku beging the first to rise. He carefully made his way into the mansion, taking off his shoes and eventually walked into her room. But the only thing there was her bed and furniture.
  "She must be off with the master. Perhaps we should go look for her." Sanemi and Obani groaned.
  "Oh come onnnn, what's so bad about her? I hear that she's the prettiest girl this side of the region!" Mitsuri giggled. The others began to lighten up, eventually giving into Mitsuri's siren song of admiration.
  "It wouldn't hurt." Tengen walked up and began to lead the search. The four following close behind until Sanemi finally went his own direction.
  "See you later Sanemiiiiiiii~" Mitsuri said as she continued looking.
  "Let's see..if I were one tiny and fine young woman where would I be?" Tengen laughed as he walked into a new room to find the other Hashira. Some were laying out bed rolls. Others were just chatting and discussing recent events in their regions.

  "Hello, you guys ready to take a break?" Shinobu called as she finished folding her kimono coat. Rengoku, Tengen and Mitsuri all shook their heads.
  "We're currently looking for miss Y/n." Rengoku smiled.
  "I see." The butterfly Hashira said as she focused on her things.
  "Please send the girl my regards. It would be nice to hear her again." Gyomei said as Sanemi sat down next to him.
  "Will do!" Mitsuri said in a sing-song voice. Obani then sat down.
  "Aww, Obani, come onn."
  "Please Mitsuri, I need a break. Perhaps Y/n will come by later?" The love Hashira nodded before turning her heel and walking out to continue her search.
  "Make sure she doesn't trip!" Obani yelled. A thud was heard down the hallway followed by an 'im ok!' from the love gremlin. The Hashira's laughs were cut short at the sound of Mitsuri's girlish squealing.

  "Hi Y/n-sama!"