Chapter 13

Night had finally fallen. It had been a day since Rengoku and Uzui had..rejoiced, and tonight would be another very important meeting. Y/n sat in her room with Rengoku, helping him get his uniform on and fixing up his hair.
  "Sunshine, please. It looks fine-"
  "It'll look fine when I say it looks fine!" She laughed. Once she finished, she kissed the back of the flame Hashira's neck before he got up, he gave her a short bow and headed out to the other side of the mansion. Why would the master call for a meeting so suddenly? Had something happened?

  "Thank you all for joining me tonight." Kagaya's voice was soft and tranquil, almost putting the other pillars to sleep.
  "Of course master. We're thankful we were all here when you asked." Sanemi said respect laced throughout his voice. The master nodded before continuing.
  "As for the reason I have called for you. The demon I spoke of when you all first came here has struck again. This time taking some of our own." Shocked silence wafted through the room as the pillars all thought to themselves.
  "We know that it still attacks those of young age and still marks victory by spreading a smell of flowers. But while we don't know if it has moved or not, we know that the village that has been ‘taken over’ is close by." They all nodded. The sound Hashira then spoke up.
  "Master, with your permission. You mentioned earlier that the young miss grew up near the demon's location. Would it be dangerous if we were to take her with us?" All of the Hashira whipped their heads at Tengen showing surprised looks.
  "I- Tengen-kun, that is a good idea but I don't think-"
  "Perhaps it wouldn't be that bad." Mitsuri was cut off by Rengoku’s quick words as he welcomed the idea.
  "Bringing miss Y/n along would not only help you all get there without disturbance, but she'll be able to assist you with the terrain and locals as well...if there's any left." The master nodded. It wasn't a bad idea. It might be a little difficult getting there but definitely, not all of the Hashira would be going. Only a handful. Maybe bringing Y/n wouldn't be a bad idea after all.
  “As many of you are probably aware. Miss Y/n grew up near Kanowazi. A small and hidden country village known for their beautiful flowers and rich vegetation.” Some of the Hashira nodded, unaware of the uniqueness behind Y/n’s home.
  “However, a year ago, Kanowazi was attacked by a demon which massacred the whole village leaving it to burn. Now, it’s considered to be a battleground where nobody is allowed to lay claim or even rebuild.”
  “But we have a much greater issue.” He paused, taking a sigh of…what that fear?
  “The demon who originally attacked miss Y/n is the same one that has been causing the attacks. So it will know her scent. Again, it is up to you if you wish to take her but if you choose to, please be careful.” The hashira all nodded. This would be a tough decision.

  "They actually wanna take me?" Y/n beamed up at Rengoku and Uzui as they relayed the news. A big smile had spread across all of their faces.
  "Mhm! You've grown up in the mountain of Kanowazi and as such a woman like you will be a most excellent guide as we travel there!" Uzui laughed as the young woman smiled. Going back was worrying though. What would she find on her way back up?
  “What did they say about the demon?” Y/n asked as Rengoky sat down. He had just finished taking off his cloak and was now hugging her from behind.
  “They say it smells like local flowers and that’s how it marks out its targets,” Rengoku spoke, his chest rumbled against Y/n’s back.
  “I see. That sounds like it’ll be easy to find it. Kanowazi doesn’t have any natural flowers, however, its soil is so rich that it’s easy to grow practically anything anywhere. Did they say what flowers it smells like?” The hashira shook their heads.
  “Alright, then who all is going?” Uzui nodded.
  “You, Rengoku, Mitsuri, and I.” Y/n smiled. Familiar faces always work best.
  “That’s good. I’m excited to go back. When will we all leave?” Rengoku held her close, like a big protective teddy bear.
  “Two more days, and then we set out.” The young miss nodded. She would need to pack up for a few weeks even if it was a day's journey away, but she didn’t want to risk getting cold or being under-packed.
  “I’ll start planning right away! Again, thank you so much for bringing me with you!” Uzui flashed her a smile before starting to make his way out.
  “I’ll check in with you tomorrow, I’m gonna get myself some food! Take care love bugs.” Y/n’s face turned bright pink. But as soon as the door was closed, Rengoku erupted.

  “I can’t wait to take you with us! It’ll be so much fun getting to see where you grew up and get a better look at your village.” Y/n nodded, however, she couldn’t help but feel sad. She’d be going back to where everything had started. Back to where she had fought with her dad. Back to where she had run away. Would she even be able to show her face there again?
  “Do you think I might get in the way?” Y/n asked, sighing as she did.
  “Of course not! I just said we’re elated to bring you with us!” The flame hashira smiled, doing his best to comfort her. “We wouldn’t bring you unless you didn’t want to go…you want to go right?” Y/n nodded as her life depended on it.
  “Of course, I want to go! I’m just…nervous I suppose..I don’t wanna be a burden.” The pillar of flame cupped her cheeks with his hands and held her close.
  “You will never be a burden. No matter what happens and no matter who says it, you will never ever be anything less than what you are now.” The young woman smiled and leaned forward to give him a light peck on his nose.
  “And what am I now?” Rengoku giggled.
  “Amazing.”