Valentine's Day

- Bye, Joe. Good night- said Taylor before she hung up.
She looked at her phone and smiled. She was madly in love with Joe. He was a little awkward, but he was so kind and easygoing. She got out of bed and went back to her desk with the photo album on it. She took the glue and glued the Polaroids into the album. Different moments from her life. Many with Joe. They had been dating for six months. That's more than Taylor had ever dated before. She postured at the picture of him kissing her and smiled.

* Half a year later*
Joe looked at himself in the mirror. Seemed pretty good. Today was his and Taylor's anniversary. Exactly one year ago that day, Joe declared his love for her and asked if she would be his girlfriend. It's been a year now, crazy. A lot has happened in that period of time. They've both fought and made up, swore in love and hurt each other. But all's well that ends well. They're happy now. Taylor released her album, is working on her second one, and is doing a show. A month ago, she received her first statuette. She was so happy, she was running all over the house, hugging everyone, and crying. Joe took the bouquet of roses and left the house. Taylor greeted him with a kiss.
- You're finally here. It's been a year, I just can't believe it- she said as she put the flowers in the vase.
When she was done they sat in her room and Taylor said:
- So, ready to start exchanging gifts?
- Sure, but let me go first- answered Joe.
Taylor nodded and Joe handed her a baggie with the name of a famous jewelry company written on it. Taylor opened it and pulled out a small heart-shaped locket engraved with "04.11.2006". The day they started dating. She opened it and saw a photo of them kissing.
- Oh, my God! JOE THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL GIFT
- Did you like it? That's the highest praise, it means I picked it right- he smiled back at her with his dimples on his cheeks. Taylor immediately put it around her neck and watched as a small gold heart stood out against her white T-shirt.
She hugged him back.
- So, now it's my turn. I've been wondering what to get you for a long time. And I decided I'd like to give you a song. It's something you won't lose, and I hope you'll remember.
She picked up her guitar and played him a song called "king of my heart." Joe was surprised and seemed a little embarrassed. When she finished he said:
- This is such an unfamiliar feeling. But I'm very pleased that you wrote it for me. It really is the best gift.
She stared at him with her blue eyes and reached up to kiss him. Joe pulled her to his waist, and she ran her hands through his hair. They spent the rest of the day at a movie, a coffee shop, and then a picnic with friends who were also celebrating Valentine's Day as a couple. And as they danced a slow dance Taylor whispered in his ear:
- I hope I never lose you.
- Never, I swear- Joe answered her.