Hike

Taylor stared at herself in the mirror. She wore loafers, a short-sleeve sweatshirt, and a warm long-sleeve fleece sweatshirt on top. She put her hair in a ponytail. And she should probably get a cap. Yeah, that's right. She turned around and picked up a small backpack. There was water, some cookies, and sandwiches for her and Joe. She walked out of the house and got into a car with tinted windows. She texted Joe:
- I'm on my way. I'll be there in about forty minutes.
The answer came right away.
- Okay, I'll be there in about thirty minutes. I'll meet you at the foot but not at the main entrance so they don't see you. Taylor smiled; he was concerned about her privacy, which was nice of him.
She put on her headphones and watched the view outside the window change.
Joe met her where they had agreed. He was wearing shorts and a short-sleeved T-shirt, and a dark cap. He had a camera around his neck. The sun was shining brightly, and Taylor wore dark glasses as she walked toward him. The shirt revealed a view of his pumped arms and Taylor admired the muscles. She shook her head, he's a friend.
- good morning!
- Hi, Joe. So, you ready to go?
- Always ready.
- Shall we go then?
Taylor nodded and off they went. It had rained yesterday and not all the mud had dried yet. Taylor's foot slipped a little and she leaned back, but Joe quickly turned around and grabbed her arm. He pulled her against him, Taylor's hair mussed a little. Joe stepped away from her.
- Careful Taylor, I don't always have that quick of a reaction. Our camping trip could be over before it's even begun.
- That's true. I'll try, and thanks for saving me.
- You're welcome - Joe smiled.
That's the way they were going. The sun was already shining less. Joe stopped and took his cap off his head.
- Look, there's a bench over there. Let's rest for a while- he said.
- no problem. Would you like a sandwich or a cookie?
- No, not yet. I've eaten recently.
They walked over to the bench and sat on it. Taylor took out her water bottle and sipped from it. Joe looked at her neck. She must have very delicate skin, he wonder how her skin feels under kisses? Okay, wait, what was he thinking? Not what he should be thinking.That's the way they were going.
They walked over to the bench and sat on it. Taylor took out her water bottle and sipped from it. Joe looked at her neck. She must have very delicate skin, I wonder how her skin feels under her kisses? Okay, wait, what was he thinking? Not what he should be thinking. He sipped his water, too, and looked away a little. What a paradox that it was at this time that Taylor began to consider him. She was looking at his hands, wondering what his muscles felt like? And those palms of his, he had thin fingers, that's right, he could play the piano. And that was probably not all he could do with those fingers. She must have turned away too quickly, because Joe looked at her a little surprised, but didn't say anything. Somehow she couldn't remember what his lips tasted like. She tried, but it was like it was gone from her memory.
- Taylor, it had been over twenty minutes. Shall we move on? Or haven't you rested yet?
- Wow, I hadn't noticed. Yeah, sure, let's keep going.
They started and he gave her a hand to help her up on the ledge of the rock. She stood up and took his hand, and he lifted it easily. There, again, for the second time that day she was so close to him. He hesitated for a second before he turned his back on her to go on, and it didn't escape Taylor's notice. She stared at his broad shoulders in front of her. Something seemed to change about the two of them. But was it right? Why did she feel like she'd missed him all this time? Why does she feel like she's been given a part of herself that she lost a long time ago? They walked into the middle of a small forest. Joe put his hand out in front of her and pointed to a large puddle of mud that was cool and hadn't had time to dry since the rain yesterday. Taylor tried to walk around the puddle, but it didn't work. She only stained her white sneakers, and they even got a little wet.
- What are we going to do?- she asked.
- I don't know. Although...look, I have some extra sneakers and socks. How would you like me to carry you on my back and then change my shoes?
For some reason the thought of him carrying her on his back resonated strangely with Taylor. She agreed. Joe put his backpack on his chest and crouched down a little so that Taylor could jump on his back. She sighed, wiped her hands on her T-shirt, and jumped on his back. She wrapped her legs and arms around his back and neck. He took her legs and asked:
- ready?
- Yes
He turned his head toward her and smiled encouragingly. And then he stepped right into the puddle. Taylor snuggled closer to him and inhaled imperceptibly the scent of his neck. He smelled really nice. Her arms went around his neck and she pressed a little closer. Joe took her legs a little higher, but Taylor said nothing to him, for everything was innocent. Yes, she couldn't help herself, that was clear now. There wasn't much to the end of the puddle, and she caught herself thinking that she would be sorry to get off Joe's back. Here were a few steps and they were past the puddle. The road was normal again, and Taylor waited for Joe to stop and tell her to get off his back. But he didn't. Joe looked at Taylor's thin arms around his neck. Was it his imagination, or had he felt her breath on his neck a little earlier? His gaze moved to her shapely legs wrapped in tights. He loved the feeling. He should have let her go, but she didn't ask, and he didn't want to, so they walked on in silence. Finally Taylor decided it had to stop.
- Well, the puddle's over now, so you can let me down-she said pretending it was okay.
- Of course it is.
Joe stopped and let her get on the ground easily. She looked at him, he was very close. She gently ran her hand across his chest. Why did she do that! She didn't understand it herself, she just wanted to do it. Joe ran his hand down her cheek, took her by the chin, and lifted her slightly toward him. In total silence, his hand went to her waist and their lips touched for the first time. A thousand fireworks exploded in Taylor's head. Her soft lips, her hands on his chest. It all felt so right, she slipped her hands into his hair and pulled it back a little. Joe pulled away from her and said:
- Taylor...