I'm Gonna Need an Explanation

A picture of Alina and Daniel. You can probably tell which is which

Happy New Years Eve to those reading it on the 31st!

It's was the most boring week of my life. I wasn't allowed to do anything. I wasn't allowed to go to school. I wasn't allowed to leave my room. I wasn't even allowed to do any Mafia jobs. I had my meals brought up to me by Alina or Daniel and that was the only human interaction I had for the entire week. After Ivan had told me I was grounded he took my phone so I couldn't even text Liliana to tell her that I was grounded.

"Fuck!" I groaned, throwing a pillow across the room. Kira looked at me sympathetically and snuggled in more. It was the last day of my grounding and I couldn't wait for it to end.

Ivan burst into the room, "You can go," he said quietly, throwing me my phone. I quickly went on to my messages from Liliana. There were 30 from the first day, 27 from the next, 21 from the third, 16 from the fourth, 10 from the fifth, 5 from the sixth and one from the seventh day.

Liliana: I'm going to need an explanation
Me: I'm so sorry, I was grounded and I couldn't come to school. Plus my uncle took my phone off me!!! 😠😠
Liliana: meet me in the park in 10 minutes
Me: I'll be there

I raced out of my room, calling Kira to me. We leapt into my car and I started it. My phone started ringing immediately.

"Hello?" I answered it by Bluetooth as I sped down the driveway,

"You better not be late this time," Ivan's voice echoed around the car. I inwardly groaned, "Otherwise it'll be worse than a grounding,"

"I'll be home in time, Ivan," I sighed, "I'm gonna be gone for an hour tops,"

"You better not be late!" He used his strict voice as he talked. I hung up after that, sick of hearing his fucking voice. I pulled up to the park and stepped out, Kira following me.

"That dog needs to be on a leash," a woman said as I entered the park, she held her ugly fucking chihuahua to her chest.

"She's got a good recall," I said sternly, glaring at the woman, "Plus it's an off-leash park," the woman stuck her nose up in the air and huffed. She stormed off, taking her rat dog with her. I sighed, rolling my eyes at the woman's behaviour. (No offence to those who own chihuahuas)

I quickly walked toward the bandstand in the middle of the park, Kira trotting at my heels. I walked up into the bandstand and waited, I pulled out my phone and texted Liliana.

Me: I'm in the bandstand, where are you??

"I'm right here dummy," I turned around to see Liliana walking up the stairs to the bandstand. We hugged tightly, she then patted Kira. We sat down at a bench and hugged again, "I missed you," she sighed, pulling back,

"I missed you too," I told her.

"I didn't know what had happened to you," she sighed, "I thought you were dead!!" I laughed slightly.

"My uncle grounded me and took my phone," I explained.

"Raven..." Liliana trailed off, "When my parents ground me... I'm still allowed to go to school," I looked at her confused,

"Really?" I questioned,

"Yeah," she replied, "What happened to your face!?" She yelled.

"Calm down," I told her. "It's nothing," I gestured slightly to the bruise and cut on my cheek.

"That's not nothing," Liliana sighed, "Raven what-"

Liliana was cut off by Kira barking. "Kira!" I said sternly. She stopped barking but started growling instead. She stood up and faced out of the bandstand. I stood and looked over to where she was looking, "Shit!" I swore as I saw two members of another Mafia coming toward us. I ducked underneath the railing and quieted Kira.