The Last Two Tasks

Picture of Alice (left) and Garcia (right)

"Alright," Alice sighed, "2 more tasks, the last one standing gets into the Italian Mafia," we all clapped, "Knife throwing," Alice smirked, "Choose one type of knife and then move to the targets," a large table was wheeled out and the silk cloth on top was removed. Underneath was all types of knives.

I immediately moved toward the smaller ones. They felt better in my hand and didn't need a lot of weight behind them when you threw, plus they were easier to hide. So basically they were just better altogether. Half of us went for the heavier, larger ones, probably thinking it would seem more impressive. But as we chose, Matteo's eyes never left the smaller knives as Amy, Marco and I picked them up.

I moved to the closest human-shaped target, weighing the knife in my hand. It was pretty well balanced and seemed to be sharp. "Throw to kill," Garcia told us. I threw my first knife, it hit slightly off the heart. I grimaced,

"What was that?" asked Matteo behind me,

"I'm not used to these knives yet," I replied, cursing myself in my mind. I threw again and it hit its target, right where the heart would be.

"You have one left, Corvo (Raven)," Matteo told me. I wanted to tell him that I knew but I remembered Ivan's words from the night before and held my tongue. I threw the knife and it hit straight in the middle of the forehead. I turned to smirk at Matteo but he wasn't there. I went over and stood by the wall, watching the others, when Matteo's voice echoed through the shed, "Would he be fucking dead?" he screamed at someone,

"No," came a soft man's voice,

"Togli questo idiota dalla mia vista," Matteo pinched the bridge of his nose,

"Get this idiot out of my sight," came the translation in my ear. 2 men came and dragged the 'idiot' away.

I watched as two others were also taken out and it came down to the final three. Me, Amy and fucking Marco. I sighed as we walked to the last task, I might finally get to hurt Marco but I didn't want to hurt Amy, she was the only friend I had in this place.

We made it to a small clearing outside of what looked to be a maze of some sort.

"While Matteo wanted you to have real guns," Garcia sighed, "We can't have anyone killed, so this is laser tag,"

"Collect your guns and sensors and get ready," Alice told us, pointing to a table nearby. We all went over and picked up a gun and a sensor each. "Place one sensor on your head and the other on your chest, front and back," I placed a sensor on my head and then on my chest. Amy and I stuck a sensor on each other's back and Amy did Marco. I picked up the fake gun and weighed it in my hand. It was a pretty average size and weight. The guns and sensors turned on.

"If your gun makes a groaning sound," Garcia explained, "That means you're out, make your way back to the entrance and knock three times on the door. Good luck,"

The great doors in front of the maze opened and we all stepped inside. When the doors closed we all ran. I ran straight, trying to look over the hedges for some sort of place to hide.

There seemed to be endless hallways and dead ends. I was going to give up and slow my breathing when I stumbled upon a tall building. It was like a treehouse and it seemed like a good act of defence. I started to climb the ladder. Looking over my shoulder for either opponent I climbed the rungs easily and then jumped into the small house.

I grabbed my gun just as someone else did. I pointed my laser gun at Amy and she did the same with me. "Amy?" I said cautiously, "Let's team up,"

"Why would I do that?" She asked, she seemed like a completely different person,