Childe x reader

Warnings- Angst, blood, gore, death

Tears prickled at the corners of my eyes as I watched the scene in front of my unfold. Crimson red blood splattered all over the grass and heavy breaths both from the ginger standing before me and the slowly dying body below his feet. I tried to cover my face with my hands but I failed to work up the courage to so much as move.
I stumbled back slightly and brushed the bush that I was hiding behind and he immediately turned to me and we locked eyes.
"What are you doing here," he demanded staring into my eyes, anger and confusion clouding over his eyes. I tried to speak but nothing came out. I was stuck. I was too petrified to do anything except stare. He sighed and walked over to me. I flinched away fear forcing the tears to stream down my face and land on the soft dirt with a quiet drip.
    "I'm not going to hurt you but you need to be quiet about this" He said reaching out his blood-stained hand to my face and cupping it.
    "Please dont touch me" I bleat out instantly regretting it seeing his wounded expression when the words came out. "I'm sorry, I just- I" I stammered not knowing how to apologize or how to even make words make sense. By now tears are streaming down my face. I feel like I can't move yet I'm trembling and shaking.
"I'm sorry.." he trails off his gaze meeting the ground. "I truly am, but I'm not going to stop. This is what I have to do. I'm sorry. I wish I could easily get us through this, but I can't have you getting involved in this, you're too important." he finished his eyes meeting mine as he reaches a hand out almost as an offer.
I nodded and took his crimson colored hand.
    "I want to stay with you," I almost demanded staring into his eyes desperately attempting to emphasize the importance of the statement.
"You can't, it's too dangerous, I don't know what to do either just please dont- I dont want you getting hurt"
    I noticed tears beginning to form. It's quite odd to see gum like this, in such a pathetic and vulnerable state. It almost made me mad, as if he had been lying about everything this whole time.
    "I'm sorry."