Escalation of a Catastrophe

A/N - Okay, next chapter....this is not going to be as bad as future chapters, but prepare yourselves, anyway.

-The next day-

I just got to Swellview and I am outside my house. I knock on the door and my mom opens it.

"Henry!" She exclaims and gives me a tight hug.

"Hey mom!" I reply as we let go of the hug.

"Where are dad and Piper?" I ask.

"Well, Piper got here already and is at dance practice and your dad is at the school that your previous boss owns acting like some kid's dad."

"Okay I'll go find him. Bye! I say.

"See ya, sweetheart!"

I make my way to the man's nest when I get a call from Cooper.

"Hey Hen!" He says over the phone.

"Hey Coop! I'm a few steps away from entering Ray's school where my dad is undercover."

"Noice! So Henry I have a challenge for you: walk in with a disguise and see if you can get your dad out while staying undercover. You'll have to know how to stay undercover."

"CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" I shout but not too loud. I put on my disguise. A fake mustache, a fake beard and a black wig. I leave Coop on the phone so he can hear what happens.

I walk in the front of the building where I see Chapa, Miles, Mika, and Bose. I see their parents and my dad. Then I see Ray. A part of me wanted to run to them and give them big hugs but another part wanted to trick them so I went with the other part of me.

"Hello I am looking for Mr. Hart." I say undercover.

"Mr. Hart?! What do you mean and why are you here?!" Ray asks. 

"Jacob 'Jake' Hart. His wife, Kris Hart. Daughter, Piper Hart and son Henry Hart. You know...that person? "

"Oh, well I know that I am not him. Chapa and her ten siblings are my only children. I facepalm myself and I hear Cooper do the same through the phone. I walk over to my dad and rip off his fake beard and his wig.

"Ow!" He says rubbing his chin.

"Now, let's go dad-" I turn around to leave with him but then stop realizing what I just called him.

"Excuse me, but did you just call Jake Hart your dad? That would make you-" Ray gets cut off by the laughing coming from my phone in my back pants pocket.

"You-you blew your cover, Hen! You blew it! I will need to teach you how to stay undercover for our upcoming missions." I pull my phone out of my pocket.

"Ha ha Cooper, very funny..." I say sarcastically then hang up. I take off my disguise.

"Hey everyone."

"Henry?" Everyone says.

"Yep, it's me. My friend sent me a ticket here because he thought I needed a break."

Ray walks over to me. "Cancel the photo." He says to kids and their parents.

"But we'll get shut down!" Mika exclaims.

Ray ignores her and gives me a big tight hug. "I missed you, kid."

"I missed you too, Ray. "

We released the hug as some of the parents left. So how long are you staying?"

"Hmm, I actually hadn't thought about that. But probably as long as possible."

"Alright...." Said a voice coming from the entrance. "Not that this moment isn't adorable but-"

"COOPER?!" I exclaim.

Yeah Prudence?" He responded.

"Prudence?" Ray asks.

"It's his middle name." Coop responds.

"You are more annoying than Jasper during Bacon Breakfast and Taco Tuesday." I say.

"Oof that's a rollercoaster." Coop says.

"Anyway- Why are you here?!" I ask

"You'd seriously think I'd let my sidekick go on a trip alone?"

Ray's face went blank. "Sidekick?"

"Dude, for the millionth time, I AM NOT YOUR SIDEKICK!"

"Have you got a problem with being someone's sidekick?" He asked.

"No. I actually quite like the idea of it. I just don't wanna be your sidekick." I say.

"Nice one man!" Ray says and holds up his hand for me to give him a high five and I do but I keep my eyes locked on Cooper.

"Thanks, big dog." I say.

"Oh......I see...you wanna be Ray's sidekick again." He says.

"Excuse me, what?" I say, confused.

"You heard me. You wanted to be home so bad! Because obviously you're terrified of being stuck in Dystopia with me." Cooper continues.

"What?! No! I came to Dystopia to fight crime and so I'd be close to my friends! I've been so dedicated and you've been so disappointed!" I felt on the verge of tears.

"Henry..." Ray started and put his hand on my shoulder from behind me.

"No!" I pushed it off my shoulder. "I have tried my best to fight off crime right after fighting Drex and almost dying! I have worked so hard and just because I let a villain go, suddenly I'm useless?"

"Kid, I didn't mean it that way.." Coop tried to apologize.

"No but you did. You didn't say it but you meant it."

I walked out, very upset.