Jealousy During a Catastrophe

THIRD PERSON

Ray watched as Henry left. He felt bad for him. Then he remembered while replaying the conversation in his head that that fight was similar to the one that he and Henry had a while ago. Ray finally understood how Henry felt, so he decided to talk to Cooper.

"Why'd you do that to him?" He asks not loud but not quiet.

"Look, I didn't mean it. I wanted him to have a break and visit his home but it just felt like he wanted to leave me without a partner." Coop says.

"Okay, I'm gonna be honest. I know how you feel, but this kid is sensitive and you've just made him very upset."

"I didn't mean to... I just don't want him to quit."

"Now that's a wish that no one can grant. Henry quits. Like a lot. But not to something he's dedicated to. If only I could've seen that. Maybe then, things would've been different.

"Yeah, I should apologize." Coop says.

"Good idea." Ray says.

Danger in Swellview

HENRY'S POV

I go home and I sit on my porch. My head drops to my hands and I rub my forehead. Coop didn't mean what he said, I convinced myself, but it still hurt. Then I see him approach and sit next to me.

"Hey Hen." He says lightly.

"Hey." I managed to say back.

"I'm- I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. You should be able to make your own decisions."

"Thanks chicken Coop."

"Ay what did I say? No nicknames.........big red Hen."

"Hey!"

"Yeah!"

"Well Hen's know chicken Coop's." I say jokingly.

"See, I've missed this. Happy Henry." Coop says. I smile.

"Now let's go back and see Ray. I mean that kinda is why we're here."

"Okay."

We walked to the Man's Nest, but passed by Junk n' Stuff.

I lightly laugh. "That's where I used to work. It's shut down now, but god did I have memories in that place."

"Yeah."

We made it to the Man's Nest and walked in talking about something funny that happened on one of our missions.

Ray notices us. "Hey how was-" He gets cut off by our laughter. I collapse to the floor laughing.

"Oh come on!" Ray complains and Schwoz walks towards Ray and stands next to him. "Whatever happened can't be that funny."

"Somebody's jealous." Says Schwoz.

"I'm not jealous, Henry's just my kid and my favorite person on this earth other than me."

Cooper helped me up.

"T-Then you insulted him an-and said-" Coop got interrupted by his own laughter.

"I'm sorry I hurt your feelings when I called you stupid, I really thought you already knew!" I say laughing. "And you said,"

"Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find a brain back there!" Cooper said. We kept laughing and Ray rolled his eyes annoyed and I noticed and laughed harder.

"He's-he's looking for a- for a brain!" I wheezed.

"Hey kid?" Ray calls.

"Yeah?"

"Can you come with me?"

"Sure?" I say, confused.

We walk out of Cooper's sight and it makes me nervous.

"Why are you such good friends with that guy?!" He asks.

"Okay like a million reasons."

Ray looks away, anger visible in his eyes.

"Ray, are you......mad at me?" I ask and he looks over concerned because he hears the hurt in my voice.

"N-"

"Hen! C'mere!" Coop calls from afar.

"Maybe......I shouldn't have come... I can leave?" I suggest quietly.

"No, don't leave, please stay over for at least a couple days."

"Okay, fine."

A/N - Okay guys...how was that chapter? I was looking up funny insults and decided to put them here. What do you think is going to happen next? Only one way to find out. See you in the next chapter.