The Ending

Jeongyeon could only stare at Nayeon with the greatest pain she could ever feel. Her heartbeat hitting her chest in the most painful way. Her eyes are nothing but vanquish. So, this is it, she thought. This is where it end. A relationship that Jeongyeon fought for nearly four years finally come to an end.

"Okay." Is all Jeongyeon could say after being silent, lost in her thought and completely lost in her words. With that throbbing chest, there's nothing much she could think when Nayeon suddenly said she fell out of love with her because their relationship gets boring. She got tired of hiding and keeping their relationship as a secret. Hearing that ten minutes ago really ripped her heart apart but ironically, there is no tears. Jeongyeon didn't cry. The pain is probably too much to handle that, her tears has dry up before she could cry.

This was supposed to be their normal Saturday night date like the rest of their Saturdays before. Their escaped after a whole week of being 'prisoned' with their work. Jeongyeon was not expecting this to happen. She didn't see this one coming. Not at all.

Jeongyeon straighten up her back, taking a deep breath when Nayeon ripped her necklace and place it on the table. Seeing that  look on Nayeon's face make Jeongyeon questioning herself. What did she do wrong that Nayeon heartlessly breaking up with her like this? She genuinely love her. She try her best to give Nayeon everything too despite knowing Nayeon's wealthy background. She did tried her best but guess her best wasn't best enough.

"Say something, please..." Nayeon in the other hand was too desperate to hear Jeongyeon's mad words, curse words. Anything. It is better than to have Jeongyeon shutting her mouth but staring at her with those eyes that she might not be able to forget for the rest of her life. This isn't easy for her too but lately she couldn't see a better future for their relationship. She can't see Jeongyeon. All she can see is to end it.

"I've got nothing left to say. You've made up your mind." Her voice was cold as ice, almost has Nayeon stumbling on her words. That's the first but Nayeon understand it now. Jeongyeon is hurting. Therefore, her silence and her coldness.

Nayeon reach for Jeongyeon cold hand and place the white gold necklace with a ring as a pendant onto Jeongyeon's palm. Jeongyeon bought the necklace on their second anniversary and the ring in their first year together with her first salary. How can Nayeon forget that? That was the first time Nayeon got so speechless after reading the price. Jeongyeon really use all her salary for the ring.

"Jeongyeon, I... I'm sorry... It's hard for me to explain but..."

"I know. You don't have to say it twice. I already know and I don't want to hear that again. You want us over and we are over now."

Jeongyeon pulled her hand away from Nayeon's grip. This is too much, she thought. Her entire systems was screaming in pain yet she couldn't beg Nayeon to stay. She couldn't bring herself to tell Nayeon that she never wanted to lose her. She don't want this breakup.

"I'll get people to take my things out of your apartment tomorrow." Jeongyeon just nodded her head. Looking away, avoiding eye contact. Nayeon who finally understand that Jeongyeon didn't want to continue the conversation with her slowly getting up from her seat.

"Please don't hate me for this. I still want to say hello to you whenever we bump into each other on the street." Nayeon is beyond disbelief when Jeongyeon make it so easy for her to leave. Although yesterday she was really hoping Jeongyeon wouldn't beg her to stay but right now she has this unexplained feeling that hitting her chest when Jeongyeon looked and sounds so calm despite that painful stares.

Jeongyeon look away again. Rather than answering Nayeon, she asked herself if her heart could survive this heartbreak. It's hurting her so much knowing that Nayeon letting her go so easily like this. As if she means nothing to her. Their years of being together has become so pointless. Jeongyeon wouldn't be able to accept it but she refused to voice that out. Nayeon seem so determine about leaving her. No matter what she'll say, it won't change Nayeon's mind. She knows her.