Chapter 2 - Actually looking for a job

Cappuccino POV

As we finished our sandwiches, I've decided to look around town to see if anybody is hiring, hopefully croissant is willing to come with me. "Hey croissant do you wanna come with me and find a job? I mean you don't have to but I just wanna ask." I looked over to my friend. "Yeah sure! I'm pretty sure the director might have changed my schedule anyways..." she mumbled the last part to herself. "Alright let's go! Thanks for the sandwiches, sandwich cookie the money is on the table!" I said getting up and walking out the sandwich shop with croissant.

As we walked around town together for a while, we didn't find much jobs, usually some were pretty boring or someone already took the job and forgot to take down the 'now hiring' sign. "And to think that this place has so many buildings but half of them are just apartments." Croissant said while looking around. "True *sighs* if I don't find a job soon I might have to move in with my brother.." I said while looking over at her. "Oh? That doesn't sound so bad!" "But that's the thing! My brother lives somewhere else! And it's far from here!...I won't be able to see you and our friends anymore.." I looked down avoiding eye contact with croissant. "Hey..come on, I'm sure everything will be fine, also if you move we could try to keep in touch by mail!" She says in a happy tone but with a hint of sadness. "But I don't wanna leave, I wanna stay here with you!- them- I mean- y'all!" Dang! Don't say that stupid! She'll think you're weird!

I looked back up at croissant but- I didn't realize how close she was...we both looked at each other and backed up a little. She coughed a bit and hides her face a little with her hand. "Like I said before, I'll help you out okay? There's no need to worry!" I tried to hind the light blush on my face with my shirt. "Gosh..really??" I looked up at her. "Yup! Why don't you head home for now alright? It's getting a little late anyways.." we both looked at the sunset and looked back at each other. "Alright..see you later croissant! Thanks for helping as well." I said while walking away. "You're welcome!" She said while walking the opposite direction.

As I walked to my home, I think about what happened...Being close with croissant felt weird, it's the same feeling I felt when we went to school together with hero cookie and sandwich. But that was long ago..why do I still feel like this? It's also the same feeling I felt right before my performance at the end of the school year with Mint choco cookie...

"The final duet"

Cappuccino flask back

Me and mint choco were getting ready for our last performance at our high school...they asked us to preform together because we both played out instruments well,....the piano and violin....

The night for the performance was beautiful...everyone was there...

Even my high school crush...

Croissant cookie...💕

"You should tell her how you feel already, cappuccino." Mint said while straightening his suit a little. "I know, I know I'm just scared and nervous she'll reject me..." I said while straightening out my suit as well. "Oh come on I've seen the way she looks at you ~ her eyes are full of love and compassion waiting to be given to you, trust me friend." He pat my shoulder and walked away.

I heard some walk up to me in a hurry and hugged me from behind my back. "Good luck Cappuccino! Don't have stage fright, I know you can do it!" It was croissant.. "thanks croissant! I'll try to be brave for you! I mean- everyone!" I blushed and looked back at her. "Heheh! Alright then!" She smiled at me...that smiles makes my heart skip a beat..it's so adorable, sweet, and kind...I wished I had the courage to tell her how I feel...I wished we were girlfriends...

"Got go to the stage! I'll see you after my performance okay?" I started to walk over to the stage. Until I felt a tug on my wrist. I looked back and to my surprise, croissant wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me close. "Also one last thing." She then cupped my face with one of her hands and winked. "Don't let me down okay?"

My face was a full on tomato jelly because of her.."Y-yes! I won't!" I nodded frantically. She then let go and walked back..I hurried onto the stage with mint choco...I sat down near the piano and he set his violin on his shoulder....and began to play...

A/n: (I love this song from omori so much)

As we finished everyone clapped and cheered...we both got off the stage together and some ran up to me immediately and pulled me into a tight hug. "That was amazing! You both played so beautifully!" It was croissant again. "Aww! Thanks croissant!" I said with a smile. "I'll go get our friends okay!" She ran back out from backstage looking for our friends... "did you tell her yet?" Mint choco asked. "No...I'm sorry....I need more time.." I said looking down a little.. "hey it's alright there's no need to rush things, after all there's always a time for everything, it might happen surprisingly as well.. only time will tell." He said while putting down his violin. "Yeah....yeah your right." Said looking back up. I turned around and looked over at croissant and our friends...

"Hey guys we're back!"

End of flashback

It was such a nice memory...I opened the door to my home and walked in. I shut the door behind me and head to my room. "I wonder what Mint choco is doing right now heheh.." I walked into my room and throw myself onto the bed, not even bothering to change..I smiled a little and sighed. "I should come up with ideas so me and croissant can hang out." I pulled the covers over me and fall asleep...

Croissant POV

"You're welcome!" I said while walking away. Until someone appeared in front of me. "AH- oh it's you- wait have you been following us around??" I asked while tilting my head to the side. "Don't worry about it, sooo how was your day?" They said with a smug smile. "It was pretty good, why do you ask?" I squint my eyes while looking at them. "No reason, come on let's go to TBD." They then put a hand on my shoulder. "Oh well actually I was gonna WHOA-" we both teleported back to TBD, oh yeah I forgot they can do that, it's called Blinking, weird will I be able to do that?

"We're back! Alright you head back to your timecraft and I'll go doing something. Okay?" I nodded a little, they then disappeared again. "Man, what if Cappuccino worked here with me?.." I said quietly, Now that I think about it...that sounds pretty fun, just the two of us (a/n: WE CAN MAKE IT IF WE TRY JUST THE TWO US— sorry anyways) working together, she could help me with my timecraft, I could tell her everything I know about time..

That sounds nice...

End of chapter 2