Ch. 2 ♡

Beep beep beep beep!

I groaned and slammed my hand into my alarm clock, pulling the covers off my head. The sun was peeking out threw the curtains, blinding my eyes.

"I hate my life," I mumbled into my pillow.

"Jamie! Hurry up! You're gonna be late!"

"10 more minutes," I said to myself. I groaned and got up from my bed, walking straight to the bathroom. I washed my face and took my hair out of my braid. I walked back to my room and put on a pair of leggings and a sweater– as always, it was freezing and gloomy in Leavensworth, Washington.

I ran downstairs and took out some waffles from the freezer and into the toaster.

"Hey, Jamie."

I turned around and saw Monique sitting at the breakfast table, next to my sister Yasmin. She waved as she chewed on the heart shaped pancakes my mom usually makes for Yasmin.

"What are you doing here?"

Monique sneakily smiled as she continued to eat her breakfast. I turned around and placed my hot waffles on my plate.

"No seriously, what are you doing here?" I said and checked my phone– zero messages.

"I left you a Facebook message."

"I don't use Facebook!"

Yasmin excused herself from the table and walked to the living room. I took a sip of my coffee before talking, "this guy Jack started talking to me yesterday."

"Jack?" She finished her cup of orange juice, "which one?"

"Uh– Gilinsky? He has dark hair and brown eyes," I pointed at my brows, "dark, sharp eyebrows too."

"Oh him," Monique collected our dirty dishes and placed them in the sink, "he's a quiet guy. I'm surprised he went up to you first then. In Chemistry class he sits in the back and only talks to a few of his friends– small circle kind of guy."

I walked over to the front door and started putting on my sneakers and slung my backpack over my shoulders.

"Are we late?" I asked Monique, she looked at her phone.

"We have at least 10 minutes."

I walked over to Yasmin and signed that I was leaving and to tell Mom, then Monique and I made our way to school.

"I hate the cold," I said as soon as we were outside.

She shrugged her shoulders, "It's Washington, it's cold all the time."

"Eighteen years of living here and I'm still not used to this damn weather."

We walked into the corridors of school, rolling our eyes at the younger classmates and met Dani at my locker.

"Hey, Jamie."

I opened my locker and got my books, "hey." I turned around and saw one of the most popular guys in school –Cameron Dallas– with his arm slung over a girl.

"Cameron's finally dating a decent girl?" I raised an eyebrow as all three of us started walking around school.

"Her name's Alex, they've been dating for awhile," Dani said.

"Sorry, I don't keep up with the gossip," I apologized and laughed.

"Hey thanks for giving me a ride yesterday," Dani poked my arm.

I widened my eyes and slapped my forehead, "Dani, I'm so so sorry. I–"

"No, I mean thank you," Dani stopped me, "If you didn't that means I wouldn't of been able to ride with Taylor."

The bell rang for class to start and I walked over to Government class.

________

I pulled out my phone and texted my mom to pick me up, since I didn't feel like walking.

"Hey," Jack came up behind me, "You walking today?"

I shook my head, "My mom's picking me up."

Jack nodded and stared out into the sky– it was an awkward silence, neither of us talking.

"Do you wanna hang out? Friday night?" Jack asked me.

I smiled, Jack seemed like an okay guy– hopefully not a serial killer of any kind, "sure. What time?"

"Four– if that's okay with you."

I laughed and nodded my head, "That's perfectly fine, as long as I get back home before 10."

Jack grinned and tightened his grip on his backpack strap, "See you then? Oh– can I get your number? So you could text me your address."

I looked behind me and saw that my mom was parked already, we quickly exchanged our numbers.

"See you," I said and started walking towards the car.

_________

AW JACK IS SO CUTE IM JDJS

-Author💋