Ch. 9 ♡

Jamie's Point of View

It was towards the end of the school year now, Jack and I have been dating for six months now. My family loved him– he even went with us to Mexico for spring break after his mom was admitted to the wellness center.

I haven't met her yet because Jack explained to me that she wasn't getting better with communicating with other people, but she was getting better at doing independent stuff like driving and cooking.

"I'm leaving!" I said to my mom as I shut and locked the front door. Jack was waiting for me outside as always.

When I entered the car we greeted each other with a kiss, "good morning," he smiled.

"Morning," I said and put on my seatbelt, "how's your mom?"

"She's good," Jack replied, "she cooked me pancakes this morning so that's a big step."

"That's good!" I exclaimed, "she is getting better then.. I wanna meet her soon."

"You will– oh I was thinking, we're probably not gonna have much time in the next few months because we're graduating. So I wanted to take you somewhere special to celebrate our half-year together."

"Tonight?"

"Tonight."

I brightly smiled and leaned back into my car seat, "a surprise date?"

"A surprise date," Jack repeated, "you could just wear a casual dress– nothing special."

"That makes me stressed," I joked, "okay. Tonight then, the same time as always?"

"A little later, like 5 o'clock."

"Alright, okay," I said and looked out the window. It the movies and shows I watched, high school relationships have a lot issues and problems– well, in Gossip Girl they did. But the past months went by smoothly, the only time Jack and I really argued was our color for Prom. He got his way in the end– we wore blue.

We arrived at the campus and I hopped out of the car, we walked hand-in-hand like we have been doing.

"I'm gonna go visit Ms.Garcia, I'll catch up with you later," Jack said.

"Okay, see you. I love you–"

My hand covered my mouth as soon as I said that. Jack looked at me with a shocked expression and we stood there with wide eyes in the middle of the hallway.

Instead of covering up what I said, I walked away to my locker with my hand still over my mouth. Jack stayed in the same position, watching me walk away.

"What's wrong?" Blair furrowed her eyebrows at my horrid face.

"No– nothing," I opened my locker and exchanged my books, "nothing." I started to bring up a different topic to take my mind off what just happened.

I didn't mean to say it, those three words just slipped out of my mouth. They were like an instinct– something that I should always do, but we've never said to to each other before. I always say that Jack was someone I "really liked"– love never popped into my mind.

Maybe I did love Jack. Maybe it was my unconscious mind speaking up for me because I was too scared to do it underneath– maybe.

"Fuck," I whispered and rubbed my forehead. He was in my fifth period class, how am I suppose to act? Oh and we walk with each other after every period– great.

"Okay, what's wrong?" Monique tapped my forehead and crossed her arms, "Blair was spiraling.. now you?"

"I accidentally told Jack I love him."