07 📞 nearly there to meet

Bold - Sunoo

Italic - You

Normal with underlines - Niki

☏ ⚊ ☏

"Y/N, Daehyun is not coming today"

Y/N paused in writing down some answers to their assignment and hurried to pick up the phone away from her friend's reach. They were in the ice cream shop again and she answered to the call, knowing already who it was.

"You're distracting me from studying, Sunwoo"

"Now you admit that my godly voice distracts you"

"Oh please, it would do you no good to be so selft-absorbed"

"I thought you agreed on being friends. Oh, Y/N. You have offended my confidence!"

"Oh, shut up, cupcake"

"Cupcake? Really?"

"A non-threatening cupcake indeed"

"That indicated you found me cute"

"In that case, I'm going to end this call"

"No! I mean, please don't, my friend"

"And why is that?"

"Because you love me too much to end this call, right?"

Y/N paused at the statement, but instead of acting awkward, she spoke up confidently with her friends being confused in front of her.

"Why would I love a stalker who might as well be a killer?"

"No way, you didn't said that!"

"Yes I did, buttface"

A horrified gasp was heard from the other side of the line. Holding back her laughter, Y/N tried to remain calm but failed miserably at his exaggeration.

"Buttface, you say? You're going to regret that once you saw me!"

"Just try and I'll see what I can say to your face"

"Fine.. Where are you?"

"And why?"

"We're heading to Baskin Robbins at the moment. Are you there again?"

Y/N stopped, her overall mood tensing all at once, her eyes moving to the front door.

"You're not kidding, are you?"

"No, I'm not. Right, Niki?"

"Yes, peach boy"

"We're at the parking lot now"

"Stop it right now.. Oh my god"

"Come on, just wave or shout potato once I said we already entered the door"

"Goodbye!"

"Nooo!"

[ beeps ]

Y/N hung up the call and immediately looked around before excusing herseld to her friends that she'll be going to the restroom.

Way in front of the ice cream shop, there stood Enhypen Sunoo with a freshly dyed black hair from it's previous color of pink. He ruffled his hair in frustration after the ending had called and Niki was chuckling beside him as the younger boy opened the door to enter.

Sunoo couldn't help but look around the booths and look for that girl. I like her, he smiled at the thought. She was weird, in a good kind of way.

He didn't know why he kept calling her, but he just did.

Heading for the most unoccupied area of the shop, he realized something. He didn't know what she looked like.

How would he go to find her easily?

All he could think of is her as they sat on their usual table, his eyes gliding past the girl who came from the restroom and who bumped into Niki before she was bowing to them and then continued on her way.

He could only help but to wonder on why he was building up a slight crush on Y/N. Did she think the same about him?

All he knew is her name and although he didn't know what she looked like, he knew she was in the same building, maybe trying to hide from anyone who she doesn't recognize too. She had mentioned loving the ice cream shop.

And that was enough to repeatedly stop by to buy ice cream in hopes to bump to her one day.

Originally, he was dared to prank call the number they've found on a sticky note under their table by Niki and never did he expect to find himself in this kind of situation.

Maybe he kept calling her everyday to past time or to annoy her, or maybe he just wanted to hear her beautiful voice again.

He loved to hear all of her comebacks, sarcasms and wittiness, and most of all, how she got frustrated with the stupid nicknames like potato.

Everything about her seemed just like a dream, a fantasy from a book.

But it was real, so real.

She is as real as everything else in this world.

● ● ☏ ● ●