Bewitching Brawl.

Annoying.

Nothing could explain Manik's mindset right now, he was vexed at the fact that Nandini was distant. She never reacted to any of his words. Ever since the phone call, she had herself locked in her room. The first day when she skipped food, he forced himself to her room, snubbing her refusal to meet him. The moment she understood the fact he was there to cajole her into eating, she made sure she had all her meals before his mealtime. She sent the helper aunty to convey the same so she won't come face to face with Manik.

Her ignorance irritated him badly, but the sight of her playing with the doves, drenched in water became the serenity to the tempest in his heart. He wanted that one chance to go meet her, hear her voice and to spend some time with her. He kept thinking of it when he landed on a plan which for sure will get a reaction from his damsel.

"You seem too cool for someone who has been abducted?", stated Manik making Nandini twitch with the sudden resounding voice, as she was waiting at the dining for her food.

"I mean? Look at yourself? You eat all three meals, in fact I heard from the kitchen that you are giving them the menu of what you want to have in the next meal as well? " amused Manik earning a scowl from Nandini.

"Not that I am complaining ? I am 'very happy' to know that you're at 'home' , trying to get used to things early. I mean, really! I am very very happy" quoted Manik aggravating Nandini.

" Oh?", said Nandini dramatically by widening her eyes and added, " I have realised that there is no use fighting, trying to escape and starving myself. So I am doing what I can to survive whatever time left with you, before I go back to Papa. I mean what can I do ? I don't even know the reason of my abduction? Why even go there? I don't even know you! All I know is that, you have some 'weird obsession' towards me", said Nandini while cringing her eyebrows expressing her disgust and continued "I will make sure you don't achieve what you want to. At some point you will be bored of me, my presence. Until then, I will wait patiently ."

" That is exactly what I am trying to figure out myself , to make You understand the reason",Manik mumbled to himself while Nandini stared at his confused frame.

"What?", quipped Nandini bringing Manik out of his self - talk.

"Nothing! You carry on your 'Survival Game', looks like you enjoy that more than talking to your 'Papa'" replied Manik imitating Nandini.

"Papa? What happened to him?", asked a troubled Nandini earning a deep chuckle from Manik.

"Nothing happened to him!", replied Manik dryly as if he wished it wasn't the case and added " I don't keep a check on unimportant people, he must be doing far better than you, as he doesn't have to baby sit a fully grown adult!"cuttingly.

" I just wanted to know if you are interested in speaking to your 'Papa' again, as it is more than five days since the last call", offered Manik respectfully.

A shocked Nandini pinched Manik harder earning a painful howl from Manik who stared at her as if she was possessed.

"What the hell! Why did you pinch me?", roared Manik.

"So, I was not dreaming?" Questioned Nandini gaping at him.

"What made you act so considerate? You are offering  a phone call yourself? Is your top floor okay ?", adjoined Nandini signalling towards his head irritating him.

"You don't want to speak? Fine. Go ahead, lock yourself and continue 'surviving'" said Manik and turned to exit the room while Nandini swiftly walked past him blocking the way.