The Unloved Onlooker.

Muddled.

Although  Manik had given his word to Nandini, for a call with her Papa. He was worried, troubled about the consequences and the discussions which will happen between them. He wanted to make sure that Nandini doesn't reveal more than necessary. He had to keep her on bay and warn her about the repercussions, if she chooses to go against his will.

Somewhere deep down, he knew . He knew that she is putting up a dummy act of being kind to him. He is also aware of the fact  that, given a chance she would stab him to death and run away from him, far away. And this very thought which was the actual reality,sent a excruciating pain to every cell of his body. He can take anything from her, except the fact that she loathes him, which is most probable at this point of their lives.

Nandini was very happy, she was thinking about the million clues which she can convey through that one call. The call which will make sure she leaves this suffocating dungeon and the monster who has captivated her. After a very long time, she had a bellyful meal. She was kind to him, smiled at him and also met his friend Cabir Dhawan,  who accompanied them for their luncheon. She did everything possible to make the brute believe that she has come in terms with the recent happenings in her life. But, who was she fooling?

Nandini saw Manik on the phone. She entered his room, plastering a fake smile, "Ahem, you told me that I can speak to papa today. Can we do that now ? The call ?" She murmured with the conviction in her voice breaking Manik's reverie.

"Ahm, yeah . I was just thinking about it, I will make the arrangements before we call Mr.Murthy. Just give me sometime, it looks like you would have to wait for a day more, To call him." Manik spoke in a gentle manner, looking at her with a unsettling diffidence .

Nandini's heart sank on hearing the response. She started to think that Manik was fooling her all this while, with the thought that it would appease her for the moment . The sudden realisation brought in grim frowns on her alluring face, while Manik stared at her dejectedly.

Before those frowns turned into apoplectic rage, Manik intervened , "Stop over assuming. I will certainly make you speak with Mr.Murthy. But for now there are few things which needs to be taken care of, hence the delay. I know what you feel about me, that I'm a satan incarnation. But on my defence, I am not deceiving you . I still stand by my words. I will arrange the phone call, tomorrow and it's a promise" confessed Manik,almost immediately.

" I am left with no option than trusting your words. What else can I do? When you have me captive. Neither can I run, nor can I ask for help. So I would let you believe that I trust you. And I expect you to behave in a considerate manner. To respect my request while I am being forced to stay here , at your mercy " Nandini bit back indignantly.

Manik was seated in the living room, surrounded by electronic gadgets. Deeply immersed in something important, as if his life depends on it. It is more than 12 hours since the conversation with Nandini and he didn't face her or even respond to her icy accusations. He wanted to give it back, wanted to shut her up for being that distant and cold with him, but he couldn't. He just couldn't. Because, she was right on her part. And he is still coming into terms with the sudden abduction not knowing how to proceed from hereon. Perhaps, he can get through her with this call.

Nandini walked in stealthily, gaining the much needed courage to face him after the blasting session. She found him working on something so keenly, she cleared her throat to alert him of her presence and added " you told tomorrow, so here I am" assertively.

"Yes. I remember. I'm working on the same thing, just give me few minutes, I'll just set this up" Manik rejoined almost immediately earning a glow on Nandini's face with a small smile peaking from the corner of her lips. Suddenly her smile grew wide, more like a fake one. She added sweetly, "Manik, I just wanted to know where are we ? I mean you got me here , it's more than five days and I don't know the name of this place. Where exactly are we? I like this place, I might add this to my 'travel list' " .