•Chapter Seven•

"Awe, you both look adorable." You heard Matt say. You didn't open your eyes as you spoke.

"Who are you talking about?" You mumbled.

"You and Mello." You could hear the smirk.

"What about us?" You asked, eyes still closed.

"Holding hands. It's adorable." You and Mello both sat up and let go of each other's hands.

"We were not holding hands!" Mello shouted.

"What makes you think that?!" You shouted back. Matt looked at you and Mello slightly shocked. Maybe more shocked at Mello than you. You turned to look at Mello, he had a scar covering the left side of his face. He noticed you staring and he looked away.

"Yes. I get it. I'm ugly. No need to stare." He growled. You snapped out of your daze and shook your head.

"You're not ugly. You're still as handsome as ever." Once you said that, you knew it was a mistake. Mello and Matt looked at you, slightly surprised.

"Look at the time. My hair is awful, it needs a wash and I need a shower. I'll go and do that now." You said as you awkwardly ran out of the room, blushing like crazy. You cursed to yourself for speaking. You were about to have a shower when you noticed that you left the clothes in your little corner. You cursed at yourself as you opened the bathroom door slowly.

"You have to tell her Mello." You heard Matt say. They were probably going to tell you that you have to leave because you were making things awkward, and if you left you would have to go back to your boring life. It wouldn't be so bad, you'd definetly miss these two though. You decided that you walked out in a towel once, you could do it again. You closed the door, louder than you would've like to, and slid down the door, resting your head on your knees. You took a deep breath as you started taking your clothes off and stepping into the shower. You turned the hot water on, letting the water wash away your thoughts, but the one thought it couldn't wash away was Mello. You had grown to like the blond, who never seemed to smile but smirk, who never ate anything that wasn't chocolate flavoured. You grew to like the red head who smoked the death on a stick, who never wanted to admit that you were better at mario kart than him but wanted you to admit that he was better at everything else. You stepped out of the shower, your hair dripping. You got a towel and wrapped it around your hair. That's when you noticed that, that was the only towel you had. You hid a few bras and underwear in a draw somewhere in the bathroom in case you'd do something like this. You looked for the draw, cursing under your breath. You found what you were looking for. You put on the underwear and bra. They were black with red on the sides. You shrugged and put your clothes in the laundry basket. You, sadly, had to do the laundry. And soon by the looks of it. You inhaled deeply and walked out, dreading the consequences. You opened the door, the cold air hitting your bare skin. You shivered slightly as you closed your eyes. You opened your eyes and walked into the living room, looking for your bag. Matt had left the room, so it was only Mello, but Mello had his eyes closed. You knew he wasn't sleeping because his breathing wasn't very even. He took deep sighs every so often like he was thinking of something.

"Where's Strawberry?" You asked as you walked over to the corner of the room where your bag was, and where your so called bed was.

"He's gone to get more cigarettes and chocolate." Mello said, his voice husky from recently waking up and not speaking much. It sent shivers down your spine. You noticed you ran out of fresh clothes to actually wear.

"Do you think he'd mind if I borrowed one of his shirts?" You asked yourself more than you actually asked Mello.

"Why?" Mello asked.

"I need clothes... and to do the laundry." You laughed to yourself. Mello opened his eyes but couldn't see you because of the sofa. You walked around the sofa, going towards Matt's room. Mello saw you and his eyes slightly widened. You were a few steps away from the door when Mello grabbed your wrist, pulling you back. You yelped in surprise and fell onto Mello's lap.

"Hello there." You smiled. You remembered that you were practically naked and blushed slightly, looking away. Mello had other plans though. He turned you around, wrapping your legs around his waist. He placed a finger under your chin, making you look at him. You looked into his eyes and felt less self conscious. You felt safer. He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on your lips. You closed your eyes as you wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him closer to you. He pulled the towel off your head, making your wet hair hit your bare skin. You shivered slightly at the coldness but did nothing to stop it. Mello laid you down on the sofa, not breaking away from the kiss. He licked your bottom lip, asking for entrance. You teased him and denied. Mello pushed his body against yours, causing you to gasp. Mello took this as an advantage and his tongue explored every inch of your mouth. You moaned slightly at the contact, running your hand through his hair. Mello's hand was by the back of your neck, the other trailing down your stomach. You pulled away, only to have Mello place kisses down your neck. He found the soft spot between your collar bones and started sucking, leaving a mark. He smirked against your skin as you moaned again. You arched your back slightly, getting rid of any space between the two of you. Mello groaned slightly, feeling your bare skin against his chest. You brought Mello's lips back to yours, your tongues battling for dominance. Mello won, of course. You let your hands wonder down his chest, moaning his name every now and again.

"Am I interrupting?" You heard Matt say. You and Mello both pulled away. Mello got off you and you sat up, blushing. Mello seemed mad that Matt interrupted.

"Can I borrow a shirt Strawberry? I ran out of clothes." You laughed. Matt only nodded, smirking at Mello. You got up, running into Matt's room. You soon came out, only wearing one of Matt's stripped tops.

"Thanks." You said as you went back over to your bag, getting a pair of socks out. You had a lot of those. You put them on and yawned, stretching. Without saying anything you put headphones in, listening to music as you thought about what just happened.