•Chapter Two•

"You'll see." Mello said as he bit into his chocolate bar.

"Yeah... Yeah... No. I'm staying here. I'll help you... But I'm staying..." You said as you sat on the floor. That didn't stop Mello. He nodded to Matt, and Matt picked you up. You growled and bit him on the arm, making him drop you back onto the floor.

"What was that for?" Matt shouted as he rubbed his arm, looking at you in disbelief.
"Sorry Strawberry, I said I'm staying and I meant it. I should've warned you... I bite." You smiled while Mello gave you an annoyed look.
In the end you all arrived at the secret hideout.

"What's she doing here." One of them asked. You didn't pay attention to who because, in all honesty, you didn't want to be here and you made that very clear.

"They took my mints. Forced here. I don't WANT to be here." You grumbled. Mello chucked your bag of minty sweets at you and you caught it, sitting in the corner of the room, eating. After about an hour you noticed you were on your own in the room, so that's when you decided to go exploring.
That didn't last long. Exploring the hideout was boring. Until you came across a dead person. You nodded to yourself and skipped back to your mints since seeing dead people didn't creep you out at all, which was kinda bad. You were used to seeing dead things though. You noticed Mello was sitting on the sofa.

"Excuse me. MarshMello. When were you gonna plan on telling me about the dead person hanging from the ceiling?" You asked in a calm and collected voice. Mello's eyes widened as he ran towards where the dead guy was. You guessed he was held hostage for some death note everyone was blabbing on about but he had ended up killing himself. That's when Mello and everyone arrived back in the room and you decided to get your thoughts out.

"I'm guessing Kira did that, by the way you ran when I mentioned dead person, and I'm also guessing not many people knew about the kidnapping. The Task Force probably knew and since, I'm guessing again, Kira doesn't know your identities he killed off that dude instead, suggesting that Kira is part of the task force." You said as you ate a polo. Everyone looked at you shocked as Mello just smirked. Without another word you grabbed your pillow and blanket, laid over to the corner of the room, and fell asleep, leaving everyone wondering how you figured all that out.

~~~ Time Skip ~~~

You woke to the sound of chocolate being eaten and buttons being pressed on a DS, you didn't want to open your eyes though. Not yet. You were about to go back to sleep when you heard someone walk in.

"We've got the girl." Said person said. You opened your eyes and looked at Mello. You glared at the person who walked in until he left. You didn't like the Mafia. You tolerated Mello and you kinda liked Matt, mainly because he treated you nicely by buying you mints.

"What girl?" You asked, rubbing your eyes. You forgot to take your contacts out. Yes you wore contacts, only because without them you saw people's names and lifespans. You also saw Shinigamis, but the contacts couldn't prevent you from seeing those. You heard one Shinigami babbling on about shinigami eyes so you guessed that's what you have, unless you were going insane and the things you saw and the things you heard were a part of your imagination. It could've been possible, you did spend a lot of your time alone.

"Sayu Yagami." Mello replied without a care in the world.

"Alrighty then, when will I be free to roam the outside world a bit?" You asked. Mello sighed.

"You might not come back and we need your skills."

"Then get Strawberry to follow me. Not those other creeps."

"Matts busy."

"Well then MarshMello, looks like you're coming with me." You smiled and you could almost heart the growl about to escape the blond's lips.