•Chapter Nine•

It had been a while since the Halle incident. Nothing had happened besides Mello watching the supposed second Kira and making phone calls. You watched the news and saw that Halle was Takada's new bodyguard. You recently found out Takada was Kira's spokesperson. You also found out that Matt and Mello were going to do a stupid plan. You knew this because Matt would tell you what to do if neither of them came back, and that automatically worried you.

"Hey Lolly." Matt joked. You kicked Matt. He still brought up that alias you used, knowing it annoyed you.

"Shut up BerBer (pronounced bear bear)."

"BerBer?"

"Short for Strawberry."

"Which is long for Matt."

"Exactly. It works." You smiled. Matt shook his head. Mello seemed super aggravated lately, which meant you couldn't talk to him as much.

"BerBer, you and Marshie promise me you won't get yourselves killed." You whispered, loud enough for Matt to hear you. He walked up to you and hugged you.

"We promise." Matt said, knowing he couldn't keep that promise. He and Mello would be leaving soon. They would be leaving tomorrow.

"I wish you could keep that promise." You said as you tried not to cry, failing as you started crying into Matt's shoulders. Matt tightened his grip around you, feeling slightly guilty. Mello walked in and heard you crying. Matt said nothing to Mello as he walked over to the two of you. Matt gave you to Mello, who hugged you tightly.

"Don't leave me Mello. Please don't leave me alone. You and Matt can't go." You chocked out. That was the first time you called them by their 'names' since you first met them. They both looked slightly shocked at your sudden outburst. You held onto Mello tightly, afraid to let him go. It was late at night and Matt and Mello needed to prepare to leave. This isn't how you planned things out. You were going to help solve the case, be allowed home and forget about the two 'kidnappers'. You didn't expect to think of them as your family. You didn't expect to end up loving one of them. Your cries quietened down as you started falling asleep, still clinging to Mello. He picked you up and placed you on the sofa, resting your head on his lap. He ran his fingers through your hair, soothing you until you fell into a deep sleep.

You woke, on the floor. There was a note on the table. You read it.

Mint
Sorry we broke our promise. We have to do this.
Matt and Mello

You recognised the handwriting. It was Matt's. You felt like screaming, but you didn't. You turned on the TV and saw Takada on the news. That's when the thought hit you. You sometimes over heard Matt and Mello talking about their suicide mission. You heard them talking about smoke bombs. They were going to throw a smoke bomb where Takada, Kira's spokesperson, was. What would be the point of that? To kidnap Takada. You grabbed your coat and you headed for where Takada was currently. You had to run to make sure you would make it in time.

As you sprinted, you hoped you'd make it in time. You'd hope you could save your only friends. You were running out of breath, you weren't meant for running. You were meant for jumping, eating mint flavoured stuff, and embarrassing yourself. Not running. You growled as you ran faster.
Once you got there, you noticed that everything was normal. There were people taking pictures as Takada was about to exist the building. You made it on time. You sighed, taking deep breathes as you heard a car. You looked up and saw Matt's red car. He shot a smoke bomb, that's when you heard a motorbike. You ran to Matt's car before he could drive off and entered. He looked at you, shocked.

"Drive! To an alleyway I don't care and then we get out of the car and run." You ordered. Mello already had Takada, you had to hurry. Matt didn't hesitate to do as you told him. Once he parked the car by an alleyway, you both got out. You led him into the streets where people were walking normally, living their every day life, keeping your anger in until you couldn't any more.

"You are so stupid. I don't care what it takes, I'm getting both of you back in that apartment, alive. Even if I die in the process." You raged slightly. Matt looked like he was going to say something but just looked at you.

"I need a car. Any car. And tell me where Mello went." You stopped and looked at Matt. Matt and Mello noticed you only used their alias' when you were serious. Matt sighed and explained everything to you. You couldn't help but think, if you told them about your eyes, would you still be in this situation? Probably not. Matt got you a motorbike. You weren't happy, but the reasoning was valid. You got on and told Matt to go home, knowing that's probably where he wouldn't go. You drove off after Mello, staying behind enough so he didn't know you were following him. To say you were angry was an understatement, but you weren't prepared to let your friends die. Mello drove to a car park filled with trucks.
You stopped a few blocks back, waiting for Mello to move again, trying to calm your shaky breaths. Soon enough he was on the road again. You knew he probably took his helmet off, and you knew that was a mistake. A mistake he did on purpose. You should've told them about your eyes earlier. You sighed, frustrated. You waited a bit more before driving again. You waited a bit more before speeding up. You were a jump away from getting into the back of the van, and you were scared. If you failed now, not only would you die but so would Mello. You took deep breath's as you counted down from 3.

"3... 2... 1... Now!" You squealed slightly as you jumped off the bike and onto the back of the van. You opened the door (I don't know what it is called so yeah. Whatever) and got inside, pushing someone over as you jumped in. You saw a piece of paper an arms reach away from the person. You noticed a something written on it. 'Mihael Ke'. She saw you staring at the paper and tried grabbing it. You stepped on her hand, making her scream slightly. You got the paper and pulled the knife out from behind your back. You pointed it at her. Everyone knew who she was. Takada. You didn't hesitate to kick her in the jaw, knocking her out instantly. You got your phone out, and called the only person you knew Takada would call. Light. Since they were a 'couple'. You put on your best Takada voice and told him you did it. Once you hung up you called X-Kira from Takada's phone. You knew exactly how Light worked. You knew what he would've told Takada to do. Once you finished with that conversation you called Mello.

"What?" He snapped. You smiled at hearing his voice.

"Can you stop. For a minute. I don't like being stuck in a moving van with a naked woman." You scrunched up your nose, trying to sound calm and collected, but that failed. You sounded angry. Mello stopped the van and you got out, sitting in the passenger seat. Mello looked at you, but you didn't look at him.

"What are you doing here?" Mello didn't sound happy.

"I am saving your life." You muttered. Mello raised an eyebrow. You threw the paper at him. He looked slightly shocked. You took your contacts out, curious on how many more letters Takada needed to write before Mello was killed. Once you saw it was 2, you snapped.

"All she had to write was 2 letters! Did you not consider how I would have felt?!" You basically screamed as you put your contacts back in. Mello looked confused at you.

"How did you know she needed two more letters?" Mello questioned. You cursed.

"I can... See your... Name..." You spat out. Mello's face didn't look pleased. You knew what he was thinking. He was thinking you were Kira.

"I'm gonna solve this case. I'm gonna make sure you and Matt live. I don't care, Mello." You said as you reached over and snatched the paper from him.

"I recommend you get out of this van soon. You can use the motorbike. I'll use one of the other vans that we passed or something." You muttered. You heard Mello walking behind you, and you were surprised when he threw a helmet at you, making it hit your back. When you turned around he was already sitting on the bike, looking at you. You hesitantly put the helmet on and sat behind Mello, automatically putting your arms around him but instead of him being calm you could feel him tense up underneath you. You tried not to let everything get to you, but you did. You released your grip slightly and Mello took that as a go. As the motorbike started up, so did your tears.

A/N
Shit. Sorry I haven't update. I'm terrible. Sue me.