holiday cheer

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

Dad complains "Who is it, Ken?"

I open the door as I hear her approaching "It's Katie."

Pizza dog runs inside and Kate says "Okay.. hey!"

I smile to her and say "Hi."

Dad says "Hey."

Pizza dog sticks it's nose in the bowl of Chez itz and I grab the tree from Kate's arms. She nods and says "Thanks."

She nods and says "Alright, this is the classic Hawkeye costume we've been waiting for." She motions you his iced margaritas taped to his body.

He says "What is all this?"

Kate says "All this is me saving the holidays."

I smile and set the tree down "Christmassss."

I give jazz hands and dad shakes his head and says "Is that right?"

Kate pats my shoulder and says "I'll get you home in time for the big day. Figured in the meantime, we could celebrate. It's movie marathon night, right? Mac's favorite right?"

I smile and say "It is."

Dad shakes his head at my excitedness and Kate holds up at least 15 different Christmas movies. "Check this out. I got movies."

I see Santa Claus the movie, home alone, the grinch and a bunch others.

She hands them to me and I rifle through them. Dad smiles and says "That's very thoughtful of you. Thank you."

I open the case of a few and dad interrupts "But yeah, can we put a pause on that and talk about Sword Boy for a minute? You got good instincts kid."

She looks to me confused and says "What do you mean?"

I chime in "We did some digging, turns out sloans a shell company that launders money for the tracksuits. And Jack Duquesne is the CEO."

"You sure?"

Dad nods and she says "Okay, we'll, we're just gonna have to come up with a plan to take down my moms fiancé's organized crime ring while simultaneously having a heartwarming holiday celebration."

She chucks a sweater at him and drops one over my face. My smile widens and I slide it on. She says "Got any more of that slushy stuff? Are you drinking that straight from the bag kenz?"

I smile and say "Maybe."

She makes a blender full of it and pours us drinks. No Christmas I have is ordinary.

I still remember the Christmas I had to have with my second cousin because mom and dad had a mission with Nat.

Nat ended up picking me up early because she felt bad.